Hitachi Pinner NP 35A Won't Drive Pins
I have the Hitachi Pinner NP35A.  I bought it used and tested it out.  Seemed to work fine, but now that I want to use it for a project it doesn't drive pins.

When I went to use it this time I tested and it worked good, but it wasn't driving the pins deep enough.  I followed the manual instructions to adjust the depth and after that it won't work at all.  I disassembled it and determined that the driver was not fully retracting into the top of the pinner allowing new pins to be fed.  I replaced the driver (thinking that maybe I had bent it) and the o-ring for the driver.  I am using Hitachi brand 23 gauge pins, 3/4 long which it should drive. The pins are loaded in the correct orientation. I have checked the air pressure and adjusted it upward, but still within the operating specs.  No bueno. 

When the trigger is pulled, the driver fires but does not retreat fully each time.  Some times it does, but not most of the time. 

Any thoughts?
(11-25-2018, 07:06 AM)badwhiskey Wrote: I have the Hitachi Pinner NP35A.  I bought it used and tested it out.  Seemed to work fine, but now that I want to use it for a project it doesn't drive pins.

When I went to use it this time I tested and it worked good, but it wasn't driving the pins deep enough.  I followed the manual instructions to adjust the depth and after that it won't work at all.  I disassembled it and determined that the driver was not fully retracting into the top of the pinner allowing new pins to be fed.  I replaced the driver (thinking that maybe I had bent it) and the o-ring for the driver.  I am using Hitachi brand 23 gauge pins, 3/4 long which it should drive.  The pins are loaded in the correct orientation.  I have checked the air pressure and adjusted it upward, but still within the operating specs.  No bueno. 

When the trigger is pulled, the driver fires but does not retreat fully each time.  Some times it does, but not most of the time. 

Any thoughts?

No help from me, but I'll be following this thread as I had the same problem with my HF wide crown stapler.  I had it completely apart but never found anything wrong, that I could tell.  Part of the problem comes from not having a good understanding of how the thing actually works.  

John
Go to ereplacement.com parts and type in your model#.
It will bring up a parts list and a diagram of the pinner.
Then it also has some problem questions, along with the possible percent of what part will fix the problem you are having.

Sounds to me you have an internal seal or o-ring leaking that is not forcing the driver back up into the gun.
It takes air to move the driver down, and air to move that same driver back up.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-26-2018, 06:44 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Go to ereplacement.com parts and type in your model#.
It will bring up a parts list and a diagram of the pinner.
Then it also has some problem questions, along with the possible percent of what part will fix the problem you are having.

Sounds to me you have an internal seal or o-ring leaking that is not forcing the driver back up into the gun.
It takes air to move the driver down, and air to move that same driver back up.

Well, that was a good suggestion.  I went back to ereplacementparts.com and put in my symptoms.  Bought a few more parts, but still no go.  I guess I chuck it.  Ticks me off because I didn't use it for a single project.  Just tested it a few times.  And now I have some use for it.
Well thats a bummer. Sounds like something simple. Internal leak.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020