Stanley No. 5 Type 16 [SOLD]
Nice No. 5 type 16 that should clean up well. I have brushed off the most of the gunk, but it is up to the buyer to finish cleaning, sharpening, and to tune it if needed. I don't have such skills and don't want to do it wrong.

Some paint flecks and knicks on the handle. Also look at the close up shots of the mouth, heel and toe, there seems to be some light chipping. Please see the photos and ask any questions or if you need a picture of something not shown.

I'd like $40 plus shipping and paypal fees. I will also take checks and money orders. Pick up available near Martelle, IA. Money back, less shipping, if you are not satisfied.

Sorry for the confusion on this plane. I was way off on the price, I thought No. 5's of this vintage were worth more. I promise to do more research next time I sell something. The $40 price is just for the plane, the butt gauge is not included.

[Image: st5.JPG]
[Image: st5.1.JPG]
[Image: st5.2.JPG]
[Image: st5.3.JPG]
[Image: st5.4.JPG]
[Image: st5.5.JPG]
[Image: st5.6.JPG]
[Image: st5.7.JPG]
[Image: st5.8.JPG]
[Image: st5.9.JPG]
[Image: st5.10.JPG]
[Image: st5.11.JPG]
[Image: st5.12.JPG]
[Image: st5.13.JPG]
[Image: st5.14.JPG]
I guess the price was way off, how about $55 + shipping and fees?
(11-29-2018, 10:40 AM)ahartung Wrote: I guess the price was way off, how about $55 + shipping and fees?

Still too much? Damaged in the photos that I didn't see?
$50 + S+H. If no takers It goes to ebay.
You started out at $50.00 (very first post)
Then dropped to $55.00
Raised 

$55.00 + aprox $12.00 is a little rich for a type 16
Good looking plane from what I can see.
Smile 
There's too many #5's in the wild that can be picked up for less.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-02-2018, 11:14 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: You started out at $50.00 (very first post)
Then dropped to $55.00
Raised 

$55.00 + aprox $12.00 is a little rich for a type 16
Good looking plane from what I can see.
Smile 
There's too many #5's in the wild that can be picked up for less.

In fairness to the OP, they started at $60 asking price and updated the OP for each asking price change.

You know how that works. Why hassle the seller for doing it right?

The $50 plus shipping does not seem out of line for a type 16 #5 with verified good bones and wood. The market here might be a little saturated, though, and this time of year the money is a little tight for many.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(12-03-2018, 10:40 AM)iclark Wrote: In fairness to the OP, they started at $60 asking price and updated the OP for each asking price change.

The $50 plus shipping does not seem out of line for a type 16 #5 with verified good bones and wood. The market here might be a little saturated, though, and this time of year the money is a little tight for many.

Thanks for the input.

Actually I started it at $75, then $65 then $55, finally $50. Obviously I don't know what the market is.
Smile
(12-03-2018, 10:40 AM)iclark Wrote: In fairness to the OP, they started at $60 asking price and updated the OP for each asking price change.

Not sure how you read that I was hassling the seller. He asked whether it was too high and I answered.
As to the price drops, I had no way of telling that he had edited the original post to a different amount as the post had no indication it had been edited.
And his last post had actually raised the price if you hadn't noticed. Yes and I figure that was just a mistake.
So put your arm back on the armrest.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a suggestion. List it on Ebay for $1. Buyer pays shipping. A five day auction. You'll quickly find out what the plane is worth. I've done this many times. Sometimes I get $75, sometimes it doesn't sell at all.