Can't help myself
I have tried to stop buying tools. My shop is so full of "stuff" that I can't do any woodworking, but I can't resist a sale/auction with nice tools. So I thought I would share pics of what I picked up recently. First up is a Record 52 1/2 vise. Really nice shape.
[Image: OgGmPZrm.jpg][Image: 59bMGB2m.jpg][Image: 9NDJBwOm.jpg]
A few saws
[Image: MiKAvpJm.jpg][Image: gwgecQxm.jpg][Image: WCEkbG6m.jpg]
Some things that aren't hand tool related
[Image: vxxu0IRm.jpg][Image: KSNEOXQm.jpg][Image: u0t4lk7m.jpg]
A nice Beall threading kit
[Image: yedsDV5m.jpg]
And last, but certainly not least, a couple more saws.
[Image: 4Qjej0Cm.jpg][Image: DKX7dhmm.jpg]

I'm hopng there aren't any more sales in my area for a while.
Smirk
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I couldn't help myself either, that's why I don't go.  Are you listing any of this in the SnS?
Everything but the Record vise. That is just too heavy to ship. PM me if you're interested in something.
Dave, put your spare change into a storefront and start selling tools.........say on a Friday and Saturday.
You could also buy from walk-ins.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Independence dovetail saws?!? You suck big time!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Yes, I thought I was a tool collector but it turns out I was just a hoarder.

You know you've made it when you would rather spend your time in the shop than out roaming auctions and flea markets. After all, you can always kick back and shop eBay when you're too tired to be in the shop or out at the flea market :-)
I don't want to brag, but some of my wood is on its 2nd or 3rd project!
You are not alone as hoarders are common among woodworkers and older folks. I know because I used to shop for tools in garage sales and couldn't believe the multiples of the same kind of tools people kept. For the record, I am no hoarder and have not got 4 drill presses, 6 routers or 7 dovetail saws. I do have 4 cordless drills, 1 for use in the house.

Simon
I know I have hoarding tendencies. I'm trying to just buy something when I actually need it, because I am tired of bumping into stuff
(11-29-2018, 05:30 PM)EricU Wrote: I know I have hoarding tendencies. I'm trying to just buy something when I actually need it, because I am tired of bumping into stuff

10-4 on that. I'm actually getting rid of some stuff. I can't use it all anymore.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I am trying to clean stuff out, too. Someday I'll be able to do some actual work. We have discussed getting a small storefront, but between the cost of the storefront and the bureaucracy we would need to deal with, it just ain't worth it