troybilt super tomahawk chipper - electrical
Anybody have any experience with troybilt Super Tomahawk chipper.  Was looking to install a battery.  I don't have an actual manual.  It is a 8HP electric start, '47' model which I think is from the late 90's.  All I found on the internet was '12 volt U1-54 battery'.  U1 is pretty much a standard lawn battery.  I'm wondering if I can just throw any old battery on this thing. Don't know what the '54' is?
heres a U1-54, looks standard to me

https://www.lawnmowerpartsworld.com/lawn...rIQAvD_BwE

I'd just go to my auto parts place and tell them what I need.
(11-26-2018, 10:28 AM)crokett™ Wrote: heres a U1-54, looks standard to me

https://www.lawnmowerpartsworld.com/lawn...rIQAvD_BwE

I'd just go to my auto parts place and tell them what I need.

Thanks.  I saw a couple of U1-54's on what I would consider non-mainstream sites (like this), with high prices.  Was hoping to understand details.
54 is the series size I believe. Places like walmart will have those for around 20 bucks
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I would call 1-800-828-5500 and ask what's best battery for that machine.
Bill
(11-26-2018, 10:24 AM)spazlab Wrote: Anybody have any experience with troybilt Super Tomahawk chipper.  Was looking to install a battery.  I don't have an actual manual.  It is a 8HP electric start, '47' model which I think is from the late 90's.  All I found on the internet was '12 volt U1-54 battery'.  U1 is pretty much a standard lawn battery.  I'm wondering if I can just throw any old battery on this thing. Don't know what the '54' is?

Measure the size of the old battery and the positive/negative terminal orientation (they make batteries with both orientations)  and pick up a mower battery that will fit. Roly
(11-26-2018, 03:56 PM)Wildwood Wrote: I would call  1-800-828-5500 and ask what's best battery for that machine.
Don't think that is the same company but thanks.
(11-26-2018, 04:48 PM)Roly Wrote: Measure the size of the old battery and the positive/negative terminal orientation (they make batteries with both orientations)  and pick up a mower battery that will fit. Roly

There is no old battery.  And pretty much any battery will fit.  It is missing the 'strap' to hold the battery but figured I could make something work.