BEHR roof paint
[Image: deep-gray-behr-masonry-brick-stucco-pain...ressed.jpg]
Anyone have any experience with this product, particularly asphalt shingles?
My friend put this stuff on his mobile home:  https://www.lowes.com/pd/GAF-United-Coat...1000486175

It cut down on his cooling bills.  He used a paint roller on a long arm and did the 75 foot by 15 foot roof in one afternoon.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Why in the world do you want to paint your asphalt shingles? It won’t do anything except p.o. Anyone that would need to patch the roof. It won’t stop any leaks and won’t extend the life of your shingles. Paint is for tin roofs. Besides he only thing you’d be painting are the granules
dont have experience but suggest reading the reviews starting with the worst ones.
Years ago (like 100 years ago) factories would have roofs white washed each spring.  The lime coating would reflect the sun off of the normally black roof.  By  summer's end most of the white wash would have washed away and the roof would be black again.  It was a good way to make a flat roofed building more comfortable.

Modern roof coatings are (as far as I know) designed for flat or domed roofs.  My friend coated his flat roofed mobile home with a white elastomer coating.  It should last several years and is supposed to enhance waterproofness.  He has no way to empirically determine if the white roof cut down on his A.C. usage, but he believes it has.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Sherwin Williams makes a roof coating. I had roofing company coat my 525 sq. ft building and they put on two coats. They pressure washed the roof, let it dry, replace the screws that had backed out and then coated with a roller and use a brush where needed. So you might check with Sherwin Williams. I took a dab and put in on my pool tank where it was leaking and it stopped the leak with water in the tank.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Yes flat anddomedroofs coatings serve a short term purpose. Not on shingles though
Three [maybe more] years, used this on porch asphalt shingles.

Contractor & I screwed up.....shade that I wanted wasn't installed.

Porch is on north side of house; live in seacoast NH.

Shingles are STILL pretty black!!

This from somebody who is not a big BEHR fan!!