Craft Day
"Craft Day

On Friday Dec. 14, 2018 the 3rd graders will be having our annual craft day.   We will start at 1:00 and finish by 3:00.  We are looking for volunteers to come up with a craft idea and to run a station with 5 or 6 children.  All family members are encouraged to join us.  Pinterest has many good ideas for 10 minute simple crafts that can be done with children "

Anybody have any woodworking ideas for me?  Not a "crafty person".  I need to be equipped to provide for 30 children.  I've been to 4 other field trips this year, and sometimes it is hard to get parents to participate.  I am a Mr. Mom so I am available.  Probably prefab something (and soon) and let them assemble it in 10 minutes?  All ideas appreciated.
(11-26-2018, 09:05 PM)toolmiser Wrote: "Craft Day

On Friday Dec. 14, 2018 the 3rd graders will be having our annual craft day.   We will start at 1:00 and finish by 3:00.  We are looking for volunteers to come up with a craft idea and to run a station with 5 or 6 children.  All family members are encouraged to join us.  Pinterest has many good ideas for 10 minute simple crafts that can be done with children "

Anybody have any woodworking ideas for me?  Not a "crafty person".  I need to be equipped to provide for 30 children.  I've been to 4 other field trips this year, and sometimes it is hard to get parents to participate.  I am a Mr. Mom so I am available.  Probably prefab something (and soon) and let them assemble it in 10 minutes?  All ideas appreciated.

Why not a Sloyd Trivet, just need to precut the wood, and the kids can use hammer and nails to assemble it. https://youtu.be/b0U_c6MrGwE
I have the plans if you want I can scan it, dimensions are in the YT comments/discussions.
Maybe have the kids make stuff from scrap wood? Like the shape of your state or something like that.