storing a shooting plane?
How do folks store their shooting planes?
(the handle is a bit awkward and it isn't a good neighbor in the till designed for #5-#7 planes)

Matt
I keep my LN 51 in the original box it came in. I have a set of handles and latches that haven’t gotten around to installing yet, i’ve Only had it two years. :-)
Mine lives on a shallow shelf with some other specialty planes.
P.S. - You might want to post this upstairs in "Hand Tools" rather than here in "Swap and Sell."
(11-27-2018, 11:24 PM)mdhills Wrote: How do folks store their shooting planes?
(the handle is a bit awkward and it isn't a good neighbor in the till designed for #5-#7 planes)

Matt

I found an open spot in my cabinet and made a shelf.......

[Image: 12287627876_29f1bfac07_b.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Love the cabinet. Is that small drawknife a Millers Falls? How do you like it? I've been wanting a small drawknife like that but they seem to be a little spendy. What's your opinion, are they worth it?

(11-28-2018, 09:28 AM)Admiral Wrote: I found an open spot in my cabinet and made a shelf.......

(11-27-2018, 11:24 PM)mdhills Wrote: How do folks store their shooting planes?

Matt

I have mine stored at Lee Valley, however, I just have not got around to asking Rob for it back yet. 
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-28-2018, 10:26 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: Love the cabinet. Is that small drawknife a Millers Falls? How do you like it? I've been wanting a small drawknife like that but they seem to be a little spendy. What's your opinion, are they worth it?

It's a Jennings, very useful for finer work.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-28-2018, 09:19 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Mine lives on a shallow shelf with some other specialty planes.
P.S. - You might want to post this upstairs in "Hand Tools" rather than here in "Swap and Sell."

Thought I had posted it there...   I was wondering why I couldn't find the thread later...  (d'oh)

So Box, LV, and custom shelf above the till.

Thanks everyone.

Matt
(11-28-2018, 09:28 AM)Admiral Wrote: I found an open spot in my cabinet and made a shelf.......

great looking cabinet
(11-30-2018, 04:08 PM)DekalbKona Wrote: great looking cabinet

Agreed.