12 inch jointer and planner recommendation
(12-04-2018, 06:46 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: The Jet was sold in Europe for some years before being available in the U.S. The Jet knives are not 12", more like 12 1/4". I think it was sold as 310 mm. I found this out by buying 12" knives and when I installed them I was like "huh?". After my 'duh' moment I just moved one knife and try to stay away from the edges. I think it's fair to say the Jet is not in the same class as Hammer or MiniMax but at the time I bought mine the Euro machines were 2X the price. I got mine from Equipment Sales & Surplus in Auburn, WA. It was drop shipped from the Tenn. warehouse and except for being loaded on a truck without a hydraulic lift gate on the first attempt, delivery went fine.

I just reacted to people discussing Jet when the original poster specificly stated that he is looking for an upgrade from his Logosol which is in the same class as Hammer and Minimax.
It is akin to mixing up peas and oranges.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English