Old Barn wood bench
Nic job on the bench. It may not be "fine" furniture, but the idea behind it is fine and the user should get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Isn't that the purpose of furniture after all? Using wood with a special history just adds to the piece. Great job!
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Looks really nice.  Hopefully he gets a lot of use out of it.   I made a rustic project one time and tried to hide all of the fresh cuts where I could.  In a couple cases where I couldn't hide them and they seemed to stand out to me, I just got some dirt and rubbed it on the fresh cuts to "age" them in an instant.  Just a thought if you wanted to try it.  If you were nervous and wanted to practice you could try it on a spare piece or the bottoms of the legs.
(12-02-2018, 11:22 PM)Willyou Wrote: Substitute "T" nuts for the hex nuts and then cut the bolts flush or 1/16" short.
Nice job. Good looking bench.

What he said...but if you do, opt for SST "T" nuts, not the plated ones...
You can even recess the "T" nuts with a Forstner or spade bit so as to make them a touch less visible, and to fully engage all the threads