New Marking Gage
If it is not a commercial, then it should be a blog post. If you are the blog owner, you can tell people what to say, or delete any posts as you like.

To come up here and tell people what you only want to hear is nonsense. You don't own this forum, do you?

On the other hand, if you don't want to hear any different opinions about your new marking gauge, you don't have to talk about it at all.

You can't have the cake and eat it.

Simon
You can if you wanted only tighten one of the screws on the TM the other is to lock the fine adjustment. I have 2 and I love mine wish I could get a couple more.
I came a crossed what I thought was a good deal at a fair price and I called attention to it period. I didn't think it was necessary to show how many High dollar marking gauges you have  or to expound on them.  

I am sorry that if I call attention to good deal I have to open myself up to character assassination. The next time I come a crossed a what appears to be a good dear, to save an argument I will just stay quite and so no one will know about it. And it is to bad because I have been tipped off to some very good deals

Tom
(12-12-2018, 05:41 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I came a crossed what I thought was a good deal at a fair price and I called attention to it period. I didn't think it was necessary to show how many High dollar marking gauges you have  or to expound on them.  

Tom

Excuse me. Who else shared a good deal like you...with a bossy demand like this "Quote. If you are going to tell me you found this post useful, great, if you are going to tell me how you do it differently please start your own post."?!

Unless you are doing a commercial, why would you want to keep people from voicing their different takes? Simply ignore them if theirs aren't music to you.

Simon
If you want to engage in a discussion, debate and maybe even a dispute, start or join a thread.  

If you want to make announcements, pronouncements or diktats, start a blog and turn comments off.  

If you insist on a forum where you get to make the rules, start your own forum.  

Just so you know, if you don't already, you've touched on a sore spot: There has been considerable debate and disputation about these gauges and the ethics of direct (and sometimes inferior) copying of new and unique designs.  There are fine people on both sides.  There is no easy answer.  AFAIK, passions have cooled for the time being on the basis of leaving each woodworker to follow his/her own personal moral precepts on the matter.
Fair winds and following seas,
Jim Waldron