Tiered shelves
Looking to improve some display racks for my craft shows. I want to design a tiered step shelve system that is easy to knock down and assemble at a show. I want to be able to cover an 8 foot table so I realize it probably will have to be a 2 section system. Looking to do about 4 or 5 steps and each step will be about 8” wide. I need to do this because right now I just put all projects on a table and they get lost in the crowd. If I show them off on different levels people will have a better chance to see them all. Has anyone set up a system like this?? weather it is a commercial or self made system would be of help. If you have photos that would even be better. Thanks in advance.
John T.
Where are you located?  I will try to refer you to someone.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-04-2018, 10:49 AM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Looking to improve some display racks for my craft shows. I want to design a tiered step shelve system that is easy to knock down and assemble at a show. I want to be able to cover an 8 foot table so I realize it probably will have to be a 2 section system. Looking to do about 4 or 5 steps and each step will be about 8” wide. I need to do this because right now I just put all projects on a table and they get lost in the crowd. If I show them off on different levels people will have a better chance to see them all. Has anyone set up a system like this?? weather it is a commercial or self made system would be of help. If you have photos that would even be better. Thanks in advance.

Google  "tiered display shelves "   then click on images and see if something will work for you.   Many could be made at home.  Roly
(12-04-2018, 12:02 PM)Roly Wrote: Google  "tiered display shelves "   then click on images and see if something will work for you.   Many could be made at home.  Roly

Acrylic risers too.  But some information on the size and weight of your crafts.  

Amazon.com sells these in both black and clear.  There are "Point of purchase display distributors around the country that sell these in both acrylic and glass.  The acrylic risers nest and don't damage easily.  

If you make your own in wood some of the buyers will think you are selling the displays.  So best to buy commercial.

They are available in a large range of sizes:

[Image: 223-1052_L.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I made some nesting risers for my wife's jewelry displays. Smallest one has a cash drawer under it.
1 x 8" pine. Screwed together. Covered with black fabric.
It's totally covered in fabric, so any wood can be used.
Nested they all take up about, 8" x 12" x 4'.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Rick Beckham (beck3906) over at www.penturners.org has some great tiered displays he designed and built.
Pretty sure he’s shared how he did them.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-07-2018, 09:30 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: Rick Beckham (beck3906) over at www.penturners.org has some great tiered displays he designed and built.
Pretty sure he’s shared how he did them.

Thanks I am a member there and have seen his displays and has some good ideas but not quite what I am looking for.
John T.