late 1800s 36" bandsaw DFW
Gotta make room in the shop. A friends mom passed away and he needs storage space for stuff as he sorts through the house to ready it for sale.

Anyway this is a project that I'm just not going to be able to get around to finishing and its taking up allot of space. It was in a factory at one point and they butchered the babbit bearings and put on pillow blocks. The upper wheel has been repaired but not as well as I would repair it. Anyway its gotta go. It is a CB rogers size O built around 1870 to 1885.
     Its big and very heavy. Will need to be disassembled to get it out of the shop and moved. I have a trailer and I can help with disassembly and can deliver it (make that part of the deal depending on distance). Its in my shop which is hard to get a trailer in and out of hence it would be easier to load on my trailer anyway.

Asking $400

[Image: bandsaw-1.jpg]" />

[Image: bandsaw-2.jpg]" />
Reduced to $200 before it gets hauled of for scrap metal.
Have you listed it on OWWM yet??
I believe they call those snowflakes, because of the wheel design.
Looks like one or the other of the wheels is not original. Normally both are the same style.

Interesting saw. Hope you can find a home for it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-14-2018, 11:29 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Have you listed it on OWWM yet??
I believe they call those snowflakes, because of the wheel design.
Looks like one or the other of the wheels is not original. Normally both are the same style.

Interesting saw. Hope you can find a home for it.

I agree with St there are a number of OWWM members in the DFW area that would probably take that off of your hands.  I would but I am down here in Houston and the LOML would probably kill me if I brought another project home.

Bob
Say Rob,
I made a few phone calls to some of my friends (OWWM'ers) up in your area. One of them might be interested in taking it off of your hands.

Bob
Robert,
Sent you a PM.
Bob