Brushed Lacquer question
while I wish I had my old spray rig still, I found myself applying lacquer this past weekend by brush. Applied 3 coats of gloss Deft brushing lacquer, cut about 20% with thinner to build initial finish.

Question is this, how many coats do folks recommend building with this brushed on lacquer before knocking it completely flat to w/d 600 and applying the final coat (wife thinks she wants Satin, but may choose semi-gloss still.)

It does have some brush strokes as I only had a wooster natural bristle brush on hand for the application of the lacquer, hence the need to sand some.

Advice? (aside from go buy a new spray rig, silly
Smile)

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I'm thinking 3 coats. I buy brushing lacquer, but don't normally brush it.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks - it has 3 coats currently and looks reasonably thick (plus it's quite clear, if a little uneven due to brush marks)

I am investigating a rig, just struggling with whether to go turbine or compressor/LVLP

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll give it a complete wet sand through 600 this weekend and see how it turns out, then look to shoot the topcoat in the sheen of my wife's choice.

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem