anyone have an old Oneida internal filter sitting around?
I wanted to say "collecting dust" but really "not collecting dust" is more like it.

I know a lot of people did a conversion on their internally filtered Oneida cyclone, and I would like to buy the old filter.
What kind of conversion can be done?
Oneida used to sell a kit to mount an external filter.  So there was a internal tube that replaced the filter and then an attachment for the external filter. It hasn't been available for many years.  I'm about to do it myself with a 7" duct from the hardware store.  There are more things you can do to improve performance, but other than replacing the filter with a duct there needs to be a plenum on the outlet to take an external filter.  

I got an email from another forum member that showed his conversion that I'm going to follow.  He also opened up the outlet so the air leaves the impeller in more of a straight line.
(12-06-2018, 10:58 PM)EricU Wrote: Oneida used to sell a kit to mount an external filter.  So there was a internal tube that replaced the filter and then an attachment for the external filter. It hasn't been available for many years.  I'm about to do it myself with a 7" duct from the hardware store.  There are more things you can do to improve performance, but other than replacing the filter with a duct there needs to be a plenum on the outlet to take an external filter.  

I got an email from another forum member that showed his conversion that I'm going to follow.  He also opened up the outlet so the air leaves the impeller in more of a straight line.

I sent you a PM regarding the internal filter but I must admit I'm completely lost regarding what you are trying to do?
Rick

(12-07-2018, 06:55 AM)Rick_B Wrote: I sent you a PM regarding the internal filter but I must admit I'm completely lost regarding what you are trying to do?
 I just purchased one of the oneida DC with the internal filter.  Why couldnt you just remove the filter and then add pipe for a filter to mount on the side.  Why do you need to mess around with the inside and adding a duct.  Clearvue sells a right angle duct that is used on their collectors to connect filters.  I suppose you could use that, the right angle thingy and the wynn filters.
to be fully effective, the pickup for the air going to the impeller needs to be down near the cone.  If you just take off the filter, there will be a short path between the inlet and the outlet, and a lot more dust will go to the filters instead of the bin.
(12-07-2018, 09:14 AM)EricU Wrote: to be fully effective, the pickup for the air going to the impeller needs to be down near the cone.  If you just take off the filter, there will be a short path between the inlet and the outlet, and a lot more dust will go to the filters instead of the bin.

Eric - sent you another PM  - hopefully this one came through

Rick
Rick