Trim for Metal Roofing on Ceiling
I've put metal roofing panels in my garage and my shop.  Just can't figure out how to trim the cutouts for outlets and lights.  Does any company make such trim or any ideas on how to make something that will trim it out nicely?

[Image: IMG_7851.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_7853.jpeg]
(12-09-2018, 07:10 PM)R12C Wrote: I've put metal roofing panels in my garage and my shop.  Just can't figure out how to trim the cutouts for outlets and lights.  Does any company make such trim or any ideas on how to make something that will trim it out nicely?

[Image: IMG_7851.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_7853.jpeg]
Have you tried to adapt the vinyl mounting blocks that are used with siding ?  Some would allow about a 1" thickness.    I would ground the metal roofing since the electrical is in it.  Roly
I would surface mount them.
You may want to look at something like THIS ... my builder used something like these for all electrical boxes and exterior lights around my house.  Nice clean look with some J-molding around the outside and color to match my siding.
Although there are a lot of different sizes and types of light blocks for different siding materials. When the siding is already installed, sometimes it's easier (and more weather tight) to scribe the block to the siding rather than cutting out a matching size hole. I think this may be your best option. When I do this for siding, 1" thick PVC is plenty thick enough as I'm scribing less than a 1/2"; you'll need thicker stock because your profile is about an inch. Screwing a square scrap to the block made it easy to keep my block 90* to the band saw table, but when the screw kept getting in the way of my cut, I found that just holding the two pieces together at a right angle worked just as well. Depending on the level of finish you desire (obviously better than what Sparky left you) I would consider using the closure strips for metal roofing for the profile and foam for the flats; both stuck to a piece of aluminum or thin plywood. I'm also just thinking how quickly I could bend a pan/box out of alum. coil stock and scribe the flanges to the ceiling. But I'm a carpenter, and cutting wood is more straightforward and satisfying for me; so 1-1/4" softwood would be my choice.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"