Cherry and White Oak Bed
Beautiful combination of woods. Nicely done as well. Congrats!
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Beautiful work Matt
Great looking bed, Matt! As others have said, definitely not a common combination of woods, but it certainly works with the finish you used!

What you said about the matching end tables makes me want to ask...are you gonna do some kind of frame and panel top with bookmatched RS White Oak in the center like you did with those panels on the bed, or you got something else in mind?
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
Well, come to think of it, both cherry and rift oak are handsome woods, so they SHOULD go together. Okay, that does not always work, but here it obviously does. Nicely done all around!
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Very nice. I really like the design. How did you make the arches?
Bravo
Nicely done 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(12-10-2018, 10:01 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: Great looking bed, Matt! As others have said, definitely not a common combination of woods, but it certainly works with the finish you used!

What you said about the matching end tables makes me want to ask...are you gonna do some kind of frame and panel top with bookmatched RS White Oak in the center like you did with those panels on the bed, or you got something else in mind?

I haven't designed them yet but I think I'm headed for a solid cherry top, single drawer and lower shelf. I'm thinking a long vertical panel of RS WO along each side, exposed on edge. I think I can fill the edge of the panel with wenge which would tie it into a jewelry cabinet also in the room. I'll try to post here as I go along....
(12-11-2018, 08:30 AM)stav Wrote: Very nice. I really like the design. How did you make the arches?

I build an arch form out of MDF covered in packing tape. Built up, it was about 3/4" wider than the actual arches. After slicing about 1/8" strips and sanding them to roughly equivalent thickness, I mixed up some two part epoxy, painted the glue sides for all the sandwich pieces, laid them on the form and placed the whole assembly (form and glue-up) into a vacuum bag. Left it under vacuum overnight. Very little springback coming out of the bag. Ran one edge over the jointer and table saw the other to final width. Lots of sanding later and was ready for mortising!
Very, very nice!  That white oak really adds texture.  What fasteners did you use for the headboard?

Lonnie
(12-10-2018, 09:19 PM)Bob Potter Wrote: Beautiful work Matt

(12-11-2018, 09:39 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: Very, very nice!  That white oak really adds texture.  What fasteners did you use for the headboard?

Lonnie

If you mean fasteners from the bed rails to the headboard, I used the mortised-type of fastener like this:
Rockler