For our sharpening gurus
I saw the end of a video and I thought of all of our sharpening gurus.

So I wanted to share.

Don't try this at home!

Edit to add: I wanted to get the video to start at 15:32 but I can't seem to figure that out.

Skip to the end... that's the funny hand tool part that I was trying to share.
Peter

My "day job"
Cool project overall. He's a braver man than I when it comes to shaving, though.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I stopped shaving my chin years ago when I learned the contour I have makes it hard to get a smooth shave but easy to get cuts.  Aside from that, I have never been able to get anything sharp enough to actually shave hair with.

Nice project in the pickup bed.  I can see all kinds of uses for that.
(12-11-2018, 09:43 AM)stav Wrote: I stopped shaving my chin years ago when I learned the contour I have makes it hard to get a smooth shave but easy to get cuts.  Aside from that, I have never been able to get anything sharp enough to actually shave hair with.

All those 'new' disposable razors, inserts, multiple cutting edges, etc.,  don't work. For years I had a full beard and tolerated the stubble those razors left on my neck. Went to a goat, and back to my old double-edge blades and the original razor after about 40 years of torture. Standard store-branded blades made in USA perform nearly as well as the Feather brand (Yellow) I use now. They are sharp; and, I do nick the jaw bone on a regular basis. Probably, old age thin-skin. Me and Styptic P. are good friends now.

That's a lot of good points on that video. If I get a truck, I will consider that junk storage solution. Might consider the same for my hatch-back....