This lady needs a refresher on tablesaw safety
(12-14-2018, 07:12 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Ha. Somehow my spider sense told me this would be your next question!
Wink 

Am I related to the SawStop business or its parent company (which also owns Festool) in anyway (if that's your follow-up question)? None whatsoever, other than being one of its happy customers.

Simon

Yes, that was my next question.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Anyone remember the Ryobi BT3000 benchtop saw on a stand? Thing might weigh all of 50 pounds and the footprint is about 30" by 30".

I have oak ply desks/bookcases I made by cutting 4' by 8' sheets to size with that saw and a couple of roller stands---with the saw/stands on the lawn. By myself, no helper.

It is much safer than it sounds. The saw did not have enough power to kick back with full or half sheets. The few times I did have a problem was handled with no issue other than a gouge in the ply.

Would I do that with a cabinet saw? Oh HE__ NO!

Have I done it with my Rigid 2424 contractor saw?
Yes 

Have I ever been hurt?
No 

My point is this. Safety is relative.  I have been injured more seriously with hand tools than power tools.
(12-14-2018, 08:49 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: I have been injured more seriously with hand tools than power tools.

All serious woodworking injuries whether due to use of power tools or due to use of hand tools are no fun. Shop safety should be observed no matter what type of woodworker you are...is my point.

Edit: In my younger (and to-be-tamed) days, I had driven without putting on any seat belt. Would I try that now? Oh. He__ No!

Simon
Here is another safety violator!!!

Enjoy
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Too long to watch...without the violation segment times given
Confused
Simon
Sweet Dyin' Jesus...here we go again!
Slappy award goes to Bob10.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There is another shop safety thread going on elsewhere...almost 70 responses and over 1,600 views recorded. Never a boring topic to woodworkers!
Laugh

Simon
(12-18-2018, 12:41 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: There is another shop safety thread going on elsewhere...almost 70 responses and over 1,600 views recorded. Never a boring topic to woodworkers!
Laugh

Simon

Hot threads...get yer hot threads here.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-18-2018, 04:41 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hot threads...get yer hot threads here.
Laugh

Always trying
Smirk

Simon