This lady needs a refresher on tablesaw safety
I’m glad my wife has no real interest in doing woodworking with me. It’s one less thing to argue about.

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I’m glad my wife has no real interest in doing woodworking with me.  It’s one less thing to argue about.

My wife is no woodworker either. But we may "argue" when her next project request can be met. The to do list is simply too long....

Simon
(12-20-2018, 02:47 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: My wife is no woodworker either. But we may "argue" when her next project request can be met. The to do list is simply too long....

Simon

Doesn't ever matter how long mine is, it just never ends.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-20-2018, 04:39 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Doesn't ever matter how long mine is, it just never ends.

Laugh 

do ya think lady woodworkers would have the same problem with their spouses/significant others?
Smirk 

Simon
Probably not...........you know that saying. They can do, we cannot do.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I will not comment on this particular video. 

But way back in 2006 when I posted my first YouTube videos, I did a set on using the jointer. 
I was not using push blocks for face jointing, and a couple of members here (at the time) pointedit out to me. I reshot the video with pushblocks.

In my opinion, if you are posting video proporting to teach you have a responsibility to show safe methods. We may argue a bit over what is truly safe, that is ok, but certain things are simply not acceptable in my book, and other folks may have differing opinions.

I do ALWAYS say that “you are your own best protection”.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(12-20-2018, 06:09 PM)handi Wrote: In my opinion, if you are posting video proporting to teach you have a responsibility to show safe methods.

Perhaps youtube should include something like that as one of its posting guidelines.

Simon
(12-20-2018, 10:38 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Perhaps youtube should include something like that as one of its posting guidelines.

Simon

Never said I wanted it to be the law, or even a rule. It is my opinion and what I aspire to.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I actually subscribe to her channel on YouTube.  I think a lot of people are lulled at the cuteness of these little plastic Dewalt site saws, they don't exhibit near the fear of a 3 horsepower Powermatic or Unisaw.  That said they can inflict just as much trauma as the big boys.  I didn't think she was doing that bad, It frightens me more to see discarded the factory stock blade guard.  I can't say when I have ever seen a stock guard on any of these jobsite saws on videos or photos.
Eric