This lady needs a refresher on tablesaw safety
(12-21-2018, 07:14 AM)handi Wrote: Never said I wanted it to be the law, or even a rule.

No one said you did. But even if you had said that, I don't think youtube or any social media platform would act on such suggestion.

Simon
Simon, you should have your own sub-forum where you can nitpick safety things and plug SS.

Go make some sawdust. And be safe!
A sub forum? Why? This thread does what I wanted to do...to talk about safety. Could you shed some light on what benefits a sub forum as suggested would do?

Simon
A friend of mine has the same Dewalt portable saw and lately I’ve used it with him while helping with some small projects. I don’t own a portable TS, just a PM66 in my shop. Although the Dewalt is an impressive little TS for what it is, I don’t feel nearly as comfortable using it compared to my PM66. Once you get used to a 3hp motor, a solid Beismeyer fence, a large heavy table, heavy carbide blade and a machine with all around tight tolerances, using a portable saw scares me a bit.

(12-22-2018, 05:48 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: A friend of mine has the same Dewalt portable saw and lately I’ve used it with him while helping with some small projects.  I don’t own a portable TS, just a PM66 in my shop.  Although the Dewalt is an impressive little TS for what it is, I don’t feel nearly as comfortable using it compared to my PM66.  Once you get used to a 3hp motor, a solid Beismeyer fence, a large heavy table, heavy carbide blade and a machine with all around tight tolerances, using a portable saw scares me a bit.
The vibration of a contractor saw does not help either.

A fellow woodworker passed this clip to me just now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb9JWKkD5-I

(Warning from the videographer: Stop watching past the 1:25 segment)

He was extremely lucky that the hit was cm from his eyes....

Simon
(12-22-2018, 12:50 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The vibration of a contractor saw does not help either.

A fellow woodworker passed this clip to me just now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb9JWKkD5-I

(Warning from the videographer: Stop watching past the 1:25 segment)

He was extremely lucky that the hit was cm from his eyes....

Simon

That guy should receive the DA award of the century.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

... and proudly sponsored and brought to you by YT Productions.

Simon
So we could ignore it.
(12-22-2018, 08:01 PM)cvillewood Wrote: So we could ignore it.

Confused 

I suspect you're actually trying (secretly) to keep people from ignoring it, by a) reading this thread, and b) contributing to it.
Winkgrin 

I ignore threads or posts I have no interest in (by not reading them or by not making comments in them -- after reading them. So can you.). Whether or not other members will ignore them as I do is their business. They are all adults and can make their own good judgments.

Simon
In regards to the TS accident posted in the link; I wonder where most learn their shop safety from? I can’t help but think all the DIY blogs, channels, and “build your own $20 headboard” videos compel people to run out and buy cheap tools, or decent ones for that matter, and think that’s all it takes....with little foresight of what it really takes to use woodworking tools safely. Like learning to walk before you run.

With the exception of my uncle giving me some safety tips, most of my woodworking knowledge, including safety measures, came from the likes of reading every woodworking book, magazine and forum thread I could find. I became a daily student while slowly easing into the hobby—cautiously. The videos, blogs, YT channels often sell the notion of “cheap and easy and anyone can do it”......