Recommend grinder wheels?
(12-14-2018, 01:11 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: One day, Arlin, maybe a year or so from now.

Brad

I would HIGHLY recommend getting the two sets of the washers.  One of them goes in the inside and the other goes on the outside of the wheel.  If it wobbles some just turn the outside washer or inside one to counter the wobble.

The white wheels are great the red wheels are better and the blue wheels are the best but of course the price increases which each grade up.

I recommend the white for now with the grits of 80 and 180 and they will wear out and change the angle of the grind and have to move the wolverine arm just a little bit every so often.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks for all the help! One of the guys here is sending me a set of Norton wheels for not too much cash.
Semper fi,
Brad

Don't forget to ring test the wheels for hidden cracks.
(12-17-2018, 11:59 PM)daddo Wrote: Don't forget to ring test the wheels for hidden cracks.

And stand clear/mask up first use regardless the results!
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
How does one perform a ring test?
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-13-2018, 05:58 PM)MichaelMouse Wrote: I arrived at the SiC (green) wheels after taking all kinds of advice for little result.  Have used them for the last 20 or so.  Brand is Camel. 

If you are running without wobble, true the wheels with a dresser.  If you wobble, get the bushings properly sized. If the thing still dances, get new wheels with better manufacturing density control.
If the thing still dances, get new wheels with better manufacturing density control.

This.....you can't "see" the problem so people don't recognize the cause of some vibration even when the wheel is running true.
Crazy
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(12-18-2018, 10:28 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: How does one perform a ring test?
The way I do it is I put a stick through the hole and then tap the wheel with another stick..It should "ring" slightly... don't touch the wheel with your hand, it will "damp" the ringing....A cracked wheel will have a dull "thud" sound.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset