Miter saw acting weird (re-titled thread)
Yes, you are correct on the countersink screw, Mr. King. (lol)
Other pictures showed the same exact setup as all the others.

Good that you don't have to return the old fence.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-18-2018, 07:29 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes, you are correct on the countersink screw, Mr. King. (lol)
Other pictures showed the same exact setup as all the others.

Good that you don't have to return the old fence.
Countersunk you say?....interesting!

Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
(12-18-2018, 07:41 PM)Steve in Nova Scotia Wrote: Countersunk you say?....interesting!

Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Good luck with the new fence!
Thanks, hopefully it's at least MUCH closer to flat than my current one!

Btw, am I missing something? Why all the joking about "countersink" and "countersunk"? I'm pretty slow on jokes sometimes, so could someone explain what the heck is so funny?
Confused
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
(12-18-2018, 08:12 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: Thanks, hopefully it's at least MUCH closer to flat than my current one!

Btw, am I missing something? Why all the joking about "countersink" and "countersunk"? I'm pretty slow on jokes sometimes, so could someone explain what the heck is so funny?
Confused

Just Stwood and I arguing over your saw's fence fasteners...
Smirk
Ok, gotcha...a bit of an inside joke, it seems!
Near future projects:

(12-18-2018, 09:02 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: Ok, gotcha...a bit of an inside joke, it seems!

Ayup.
Laugh That and another long ago poster that posted one time, his shed had a sunk in it. (Shed was sagging) Lol

Well, after all the research I did on fences and attaching screws, you threw out that tapered head, countersunk screw pic, I hit my head on the desk, breaking the keyboard and bled like a stuck pig.
You oughta see the size bandage I had to use. You know, bigheads take big band-aids.
Uhoh 

Naw just joking there on the band-aid.
Laugh 

Anyways, interesting yours is different from the sons DWS709. His is Type1, serial #xxxxxxxxxxxx can't remember.
You get a spare minute, ck the motor sticker and see what Type# yours is, + the serial number.
Maybe I can run down when they changed the fence screws.
After 15-16 years, you get the saw that's had a production change.
Rolleyes
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-18-2018, 10:38 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: After 15-16 years, you get the saw that's had a production change.
Rolleyes

More like after you and your son having gotten, between you, 5 or 6 DeWalt miter saws with flat fences, I get one with a bowed fence. 
Laugh 

I just hope you didn't mean that your's were all flat only AFTER you forced them to be so. 
No  To be honest, I based a lot of my faith in my fence just being a fluke on your statement way earlier about your fences being flat. You meant flat out of the box and not after bending them, right?
Near future projects:

Flat and square out of the box, yes.

I've adjusted one fence by the clamp/bolt method.
My sons first DW708, which now sits in my shop, not worth rebuilding. Completely worn out.
Keyways on the motor shaft are non existent.
Laugh Motor drive gear cannot be bought. No longer produced.
I trued up the table and fence while awaiting an email on parts for it. Only fence I've ever adjusted.
It's been dropped, bounced around in the truck, used hard. Handle broken completely off one time. Rafter came down from above it (dropped).
Knocked out of square..... on and on.

$200.00 in parts to repair, but I can't get that one motor drive gear. So we will not fix it anymore.

DW708's were $650.00 saws retail while they were being built.
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-19-2018, 12:28 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Flat and square out of the box, yes.

I've adjusted one fence by the clamp/bolt method.
My sons first DW708, which now sits in my shop, not worth rebuilding. Completely worn out.
Keyways on the motor shaft are non existent.
Laugh Motor drive gear cannot be bought. No longer produced.
I trued up the table and fence while awaiting an email on parts for it. Only fence I've ever adjusted.
It's been dropped, bounced around in the truck, used hard. Handle broken completely off one time. Rafter came down from above it (dropped).
Knocked out of square..... on and on.

$200.00 in parts to repair, but I can't get that one motor drive gear. So we will not fix it anymore.

DW708's were $650.00 saws retail while they were being built.

Sheesh, that's a lot of stuff that saw went through! See, if a fence got bent after any significant time of that, I'd understand! Sounds like your son got his money's worth out of that saw, though. How long exactly did he have it?
Near future projects: