Another US made hand saw source
He's got some nice looking saw there on his website.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks for sharing this.  His work looks great, and seems very reasonably priced considering how he seems to be doing it.  I hope he is successful.  I just don't need any more saws at the moment.
Everything he builds is custom even to his own standards.
Of course he can build custom.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I guess PW critiqued his saw and gauge. Then, a YouTube review slobbered good vibes--actually, worth watching. Most of his stuff, well, everything it looks like, has several weeks waiting period. So, sit back and ... wait ... wait, wait. And wait some more......

You know, there seems to be a pattern over the past few years. A small business is reviewed by a magazine, and then we get wind of the fantastic product. By the time we order, the business is burned out. Shouldn't they holler at us first, and we sniffle around, pass judgement, and then the big yellers show up ... after we have our go?
Good to have choices.  I was looking at his dovetail saw, and the hang of the handle makes it such that the handle extends far below the toothline of the saw.  I would think that would limit you from using the full length of the saw when cutting.  The depth of cut is fairly shallow, but plenty good for 99.5% of all dovetail cutting.  The rest of his saws look very nice.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Yeah, we still are.

We are still going strong (thank God). I already got orders booked up for next year.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
(12-17-2018, 04:03 PM)Blacky Wrote: Yeah, we still are.

We are still going strong (thank God). I already got orders booked up for next year.

Where the hail have you been keeping yourself, big boy??? You forgetting your friends?????
Winkgrin
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I've been busy at work mostly. Been at this "new" place for almost 2 years and still love coming to work every day. Still freaks me out a bit how lucky I am to have landed this job.

But I still have time for an occasional woodworking project. I recently rehabbed an old 1" Greenlee bevel edged chisel that my friend found in the wall of his old home. It was a mess and the handle was mangled. So I cleaned up the chisel, flattened the back and formed a new bevel. I sharpened it using my good old Japanese Super (water) Stones (yeah, I sill have them) and stropped it on my leather hone. It was sharp enough for surgery! That old steel took an edge like crazy! Then I turned a new handle from applewood using my LN chisels as a pattern.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Bang for the buck, you can't beat his $99 dovetail saw. He advertises quite a bit on social media and is active on IG, quite a few videos showing this saw in action.
Nice saws and good prices.

Down the road, this saw maker could consider the Rob Cosman model: He has trained a guy (forgot his name) working for him in his shop to make the pricey RC saws. Rob himself does mostly QA these days as he spends most of his time teaching (online or classes).

This is the only way to realize the full potential of the business as Rob has shown. To manage demand, raising the prices to the point of equilibrium is also an option to avoid burn-out. Don't repeat the mistake of another sawmaker who was overwhelmed with orders (and his own health issues, etc.) that his business/name was flooded with complaints all over the social media. I don't think he is still in business. Once you got a dozen or more unhappy customers sharing their stories in the hand tool circle, your reputation might be damaged for good.

Simon