Prototype tissue holder
I've been saving off cuts from the Willow Oak I had milled up into usable lumber last year because I hate throwing something that may have potential to become something in the burn pit.  While moving some dried lumber around I came across a piece of Oak that looked interesting so I decided to make a box out of it.  The box evolved into a holder for tissues somehow. Looking at it now I should have re-sawn the oak rather than using 7/8" thick lumber because it's heavy for such a small box.  Future tissue holders will be toned down a bit.  I'm also going to add splines because of the end grain joints for more support to hold everything together.

Nice looking box. The knots and grain are perfect for this piece. I have a piece of oak that is otherwise unusable because of the grain. Now, you've given me an idea, thanks.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Great looking box.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Looks super! Love the grain.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
The weight of the box will keep it in place when tissues are pulled out. Nice looking tissue holder.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I like it.  I like that the lid just sets on top.  Corporations like to adjust box size rather than change price.  This overcomes that issue. 

Like others said, wood selection is fantastic.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Thanks everyone for the comments. 

This morning at 4am I cut open one of the Oak limbs I sawed up into firewood when I had the tree removed last year and had planned on giving the firewood to my neighbor.  He isn't getting any firewood from me.
Big Grin

Cool  Some nice spalting there.
Big Grin 

Your tissue box shouldn't blow off the table.
Big Grin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I like it a lot!  Great job!!!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Great use of the oak on the tissue box. Nicely done.

As for the firewood, to quote Fred Rogers, "wouldn't you like to be my neighbor?"
Winkgrin

Thanks for taking time to share.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!