Shop Smith overarm pin router
I can't help with any leads myself Tom, but I was curious what it was. Looks pretty neat and is rather compact isn't it?

[Image: c71942e45d40fef9a1a2e5e1c573e450.jpg]

Sorry I can't help with what you're looking for, but the engineer(d) in me always likes seeing gadgets to solve problems
Smile

Good luck sir!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Not a shopsmith, but I do have a stand alone rockwell overarm  pin router over in my shed if you would be interested.
Central Illinois  near I 80
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(12-16-2018, 09:40 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: North central Iowa, 15 miles from the nearest stop light.

Tom

That sounds nice
Yes
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/ShopSmith-Router...3122251277

This is not mine but is the one I have. It is the original overhead pin router made by Bryco for Shopsmith. Not selling though. Sorry.
Happiness Is: Seeing that brown truck pull up in front of the house.
(12-15-2018, 07:52 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am looking of a Shop Smith over arm pin router. Does anyone have one they would like to part with? Please PM me with details.

Tom

The seeming fortuitousness of this makes me leery, but look what just popped up in SNS.

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7345167

Says location is WI.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
Tom wants the accessory that goes on the shopsmith, not the stand alone version.
But he said that depended on price also.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've seen and used several Shopsmith overarm routers. The only ones I've ever seen have been stand alone, as the power source is the router motor. The motor bracket accepts most router motors. To my knowledge, they've never made a Overarm unit that mounts on the Shopsmith tubes. They only made a router table. I may be wrong, but I'm 99% sure. Food for thought.....
(12-21-2018, 05:17 PM)MichaelAL Wrote: I've seen and used several Shopsmith overarm routers. The only ones I've ever seen have been stand alone, as the power source is the router motor. The motor bracket accepts most router motors. To my knowledge, they've never made a Overarm unit that mounts on the Shopsmith tubes. They only made a router table. I may be wrong, but I'm 99% sure. Food for thought.....

You just posted a picture of one a little earlier in the replies. And that is exactly what I am looking for.
I thought that you meant that the router mounted on the tubes in the horizontal position. It will be very difficult to find one like the one in the picture. And if you do, it won't come cheaply. Shopsmith hasn't manufactured overarm routers for several years, so the numbers of units out there are limited. I wish you the best of luck in finding one.