Chisels profile pics
Does anyone have side by side pics. of Lie Nielsen chisels, Lee Valley, and Blue Spruce, for comparison? Bench chisels, of course. Wanting to compare the side bevels.
Thank you.
BontzSawWorks.net
Maybe not what you want, but close. In Derek Cohen's review of pre-production Veritas chisels, he has pictures of Veritas next to Lie Nielsen and Veritas next to Blue Spruce:

http://inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews/Ver...eview.html
(12-16-2018, 02:39 AM)knockknock Wrote: Maybe not what you want, but close. In Derek Cohen's review of pre-production Veritas chisels, he has pictures of Veritas next to Lie Nielsen and Veritas next to Blue Spruce:

http://inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews/Ver...eview.html

Thanks. I was looking to compare the lands on them. I have a set of the newer Stanleys and a couple of the smaller Lie Nielsens. The Veritas and Blue Spruce is a question mark for me.
BontzSawWorks.net
(12-16-2018, 01:25 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Thanks. I was looking to compare the lands on them. I have a set of the newer Stanleys and a couple of the smaller Lie Nielsens. The Veritas and Blue Spruce is a question mark for me.

??  What about the lands bothers you?  IMO, the lands on Lie-Nielsen, Veritas, and Blue Spruce are all about the same.  The Blue Spruce chisels Derek included in his linked review were paring chisels, so not really the same as their bench chisels.  The sharpness of the lands on LN and Veritas chisels are the same, IMO.  I have both.  I don't have any BS bench chisels.  I rate my Veritas PM-V11 chisels higher than my LN A2 chisels.  They are easier to sharpen and hold an edge longer.  And zero worries about having the handles come off when handling them.  I do prefer the feel in the palm of the LN chisels.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-17-2018, 02:13 PM)AHill Wrote: ??  What about the lands bothers you?  IMO, the lands on Lie-Nielsen, Veritas, and Blue Spruce are all about the same.  The Blue Spruce chisels Derek included in his linked review were paring chisels, so not really the same as their bench chisels.  The sharpness of the lands on LN and Veritas chisels are the same, IMO.  I have both.  I don't have any BS bench chisels.  I rate my Veritas PM-V11 chisels higher than my LN A2 chisels.  They are easier to sharpen and hold an edge longer.  And zero worries about having the handles come off when handling them.  I do prefer the feel in the palm of the LN chisels.

Thanks. You just answered the rest of my question. Just looking for something with  sharper lands than the Stanleys. I do like my LN A2 chisels, the couple I have. The Stanleys just do not hold up to the chopping as well and can easily bruise the corners if one is not careful. I also don't want to wind up with several different sets of chisels.
Big eek
BontzSawWorks.net
Is it possible to have too many chisels?

(Chisels anonymous member)
(12-19-2018, 10:40 AM)only 3 injuries Wrote: Is it possible to have too many chisels?

(Chisels anonymous member)

My wallet seems to think so.
Sad
BontzSawWorks.net
(12-24-2018, 12:26 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: My wallet seems to think so.
Sad

Does anyone know, off hand, what steel Pfiel chisels are?

DISREGARD.I found something on them. I believe they are Chrome Vanadium.
Thanks anyway.
BontzSawWorks.net
I'm interested in what you learn about the Pfeil chisels.  They seem to get mixed reviews.  I am considering them as a secondary set.
Fine WW'ing has a good chisel review with side bevel specs.