Another saw safety thread -- the miter saw!
"Saw-Stop"-like feature is now available in bandsaws (meat industry). I hope Festool in conjunction with its family member SawStop would develop and introduce such safety to its sliding compound miter saw, which would prevent or reduce the injury of even this kind of serious miter saw incident:

https://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/accidentse...=202468286

Simon
So the Kapex would go from $1500.00 to $3,000.00
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-16-2018, 06:25 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: So the Kapex would go from $1500.00 to $3,000.00
Winkgrin

That could be exactly the motivation behind Festool's parent company's buying out the table saw company from Dr. Gass! 

Simon
How would a saw-stop work in the meat industry?
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Yea........Your are already sawing a chunk of bloody meat.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-16-2018, 07:20 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yea........Your are already sawing a chunk of bloody meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRegdech_E

Simon
The  light curtains are a common safety feature in industry.   The meat band saw appears to simply utilize a colored glove with a camera that provides the curtain. 

With the price of image sensing dropping, it likely will show up on wood working equipment in the near future.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
The one for the band saw is big! This is the only saw that scares me to the ultimate respect. I completely focus when using this saw- nothing else enters my mind but how and where I am pushing with my fingers or hand. I pull a lot of the work.
That's interesting. I've installed many systems that use light curtains and they are pretty sophisticated these days. I wonder if it's a one time cartridge? I work in the industrial automation industry and this video reminds me of how much I hated going into meat processing plants. If you could add smell to that video you'd probably only watch it once!
No