Dust mask question
Does anyone use RZ Mask products?  A buddy gave me a coupon for 15% off my first order.  I wasn't necessarily in the market, but looking at their website piqued my interest.  As far as comfort and effectiveness, are they worth the $$.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Following. Been curious about them myself.
I saw these discussed in the Family Handyman magazine.  The RZ Masks seem to be a mid step between disposable N95 masks and full up canister-based respirators. 

I looked up some info in Amazon; I also read reviews.  Suggest you look at those.  IIRC, there seem to be inserts that need to be replaced periodically.  There was something in some reviews about short life span of the inserts that cooled my interest in the product. 

When I saw that, I thought that if I want to upgrade from disposable NIOSH N-95 masks with valves, then I'll just go on up to the higher end respirators with cartridges.

YMMV.
For woodworking I won't use filters inferior to the P100.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(12-19-2018, 03:19 PM)SteveS Wrote: For woodworking I won't use filters inferior to the P100.

Just so I understand, when you say P100, that is referring to a classification of respirator?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Facepiece-Resp...EEWSA&th=1
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I have a few and use them. First of all since they are comfortable and easy to wear. Of course the 3M and the like are much better in terms of protection but it is so hot here they are really uncomfortable to wear. My understanding is the RZ is not NIOSH rated, but I believe they claim it filters to 1 micron. My take on the thing is, if I wear it and keep it on substantially more than the ones that are not comfortable I am well ahead of the game. But also keep in mind my shop is basically open on three sides so I have significant ventilation. For metal work though I do use a power full face respirator.
The RZ masks look like they would be usable for mowing as well.  Any idea how they work with facial hair?
I just purchased one a few weeks back and my thinking is that it's better than not wearing anything which I currently find myself doing more and more now. I have the 3M respirator, but its cumbersome to wear at times, and I have to keep putting on and taking off when needed. I also have a down draft table with filters and a ceiling mounted air filter.

As for the mask, it is comfortable to wear and keep on. It does not seem to affect my beard, although it's not a thick one. It's cold here now, so I cannot speak of heat and cooling. It may not be the best filter mask available, but it sure is better than nothing. So far I seem to wear it more than anything previously. 

Being a farmer, I breathe more dust working than in the wood shop. Maybe I should take it with me there.
(12-20-2018, 10:24 AM)stav Wrote: The RZ masks look like they would be usable for mowing...

I recently stumbled across my old "Dust-bee-gone" mask; I bought it many years ago when they were a new thing.  I intend to put it back into service for use when I'm mowing.  I had LOML change out the old elastic so I could cinch it up again.

I don’t think I would use it for real dust control; mowing and keeping dandelion fluff at bay will be a good use for it.