Plastic Faucets
(12-19-2018, 04:08 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: “Shopping at Goodwill or what?”
Ha!

I dropped some cash for a Rohl kitchen faucet.  I don't remember how much but it was more than I had paid for a faucet before it.  It has been in use 14 years and trouble free up until a month or so back.  I looked at youtube for a fix which I found along with the guy saying call Rohl for lifetime warranty.  I sent an email with the parts needed and they sent them to me along with some I didn't ask for but they thought I should change as long as I had it apart.  The place I got it from was Homeandstone.com on ebay, was the best pricing I could find at the time
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I think there is a production reason for the move to lower faucet heights.  

Traditional faucets were made from brass.  They were manually polished on a buffing wheel.  they were then chrome plated.

A number of years ago the plastics industry developed "plating grade ABS", this is an engineering grade of ABS that can be given a negative charge and on which chrome (real chrome) plating can be applied.  Since the plastic can be molded with "perfect" finish, no hand polishing is required.  Also because the plastic is molded and attached to several other "shots" from the mold, several pieces can be plated at one time.  

The cost differential between the metal parts and the plastic parts is enormous.  But plastic is not as rigid as the metal and the taller versions may not be rigid enough for plastics.  

While some of the faucets are made from metal, almost all the faucet handles seem to be molded from plastic.  You can feel the difference.  The metal pieces will feel colder to the touch because the metal will suck the heat out of your hand in a way that the plastic pieces won't.

I'm not saying that the metal faucets are superior, I am saying that they cost a lot more to produce.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-19-2018, 10:17 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I dropped some cash for a Rohl kitchen faucet.  I don't remember how much but it was more than I had paid for a faucet before it.  It has been in use 14 years and trouble free up until a month or so back.  I looked at youtube for a fix which I found along with the guy saying call Rohl for lifetime warranty.  I sent an email with the parts needed and they sent them to me along with some I didn't ask for but they thought I should change as long as I had it apart.  The place I got it from was Homeandstone.com on ebay, was the best pricing I could find at the time

We bought a Rohl kitchen faucet nearly 20 years ago, and paid waaaay more than I ever expected to pay, but loved the unique design and Tuscan bronze finish (which really limited our options).
Rohl has been incredibly responsive to any issues I had (mostly with a spray nozzle) and have replaced the nozzle several times, with design upgrades, promptly and at no cost to us. 
I can't say anything but good about Rohl...
(12-20-2018, 11:26 AM)brianwelch Wrote: We bought a Rohl kitchen faucet nearly 20 years ago, and paid waaaay more than I ever expected to pay, but loved the unique design and Tuscan bronze finish (which really limited our options).
Rohl has been incredibly responsive to any issues I had (mostly with a spray nozzle) and have replaced the nozzle several times, with design upgrades, promptly and at no cost to us. 
I can't say anything but good about Rohl...

I had similar experience with Graff kitchen faucets.  Started to leak after 10 years of daily use.  I emailed the company.  They asked for a picture to make sure which model and is and I had a new cartridge within a few days at no cost.  Took about 5 minutes to replace.  The finish still looks new after now 12 years of use.
I went with this last April and have been pleased with it.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076...UTF8&psc=1

Currently unavailable but theres other brands there on the same order as this one.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've made it my policy to buy brass, chrome plated plumbing fixtures. Yeah, costs more, but its the last one you'll buy. I've replaced too many plastic fixtures in my rental.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis