VFD and Powermatic Feeder
Just now starting on the VFD for the Powermatic feeder. I understand I should bypass the switch and hardwire to the 3 phase motor. When I took off the switch cover I saw 6 wires coming from the motor. 3 red and 3 white. Numbered 1-6. Powermatic manual not much help. I'll research more tomorrow. In the mean time, any insight would help.
More info..... wires 123 white and 456 red. Dual rpms 3450/1720. Just looking to wire high speed and 1 direction.
(12-20-2018, 09:00 AM)jeffss Wrote: More info..... wires 123 white and 456 red. Dual rpms 3450/1720. Just looking to wire high speed and 1 direction.

Sounds like a consequent-pole motor from the 2:1 speed ratio with 6 leads.  Don't see that a lot, though I used some on a three drum crane hoist system 30 years ago.  60 hp each, if memory serves.  This one, ugly as sin, on the Bonneville Navigation Lock and Dam, in fact.  
Laugh 

How to connect may be a bit tricky, as it in part depends on how it's internally connected.*  But here's a diagram of a 2-speed consequent pole motor connected for both speeds.  Which wires are white and which are red I couldn't say without playing with it though. I would have to guess that T1-T3 are one color, and T4-T6 are the other color.

*By way of clarification, series-connected may be high or low speed, with parallel being the other speed. It just depends on how it was wound, and without documentation I don't think there's any easy way to know without testing, but I believe parallel connection is usually low speed. I can check to see if I still have the original power and control drawings for those crane motors, under a pile of cobwebs and dust.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"