the herd grew
haven't posted in a while, so here are my newest reindeer.
They are out of a maple burl slab from my bil over in Boise.

[attachment=15128]

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
looking good fun little project
i made some of those years back with my grandson
the directions were posted buy some one here 5/6 years back
no talent wood worker or something similar have not seen his posts forever
Yep, it was No Talent Woodworker. Wonder what ever happened to him?
Haven't seen him post in over a year or so. Has just evaporated like some others.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-20-2018, 11:10 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Yep, it was No Talent Woodworker. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Actually now that I think about it, it was No Talent Rookie not Woodworker. He lives here in Georgia and I met him one time at the Woodworking show in Atlanta. Good guy wish he was still around.
(12-20-2018, 05:11 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Haven't seen him post in over a year or so. Has just evaporated like some others.

It seemed like a lot of people disappeared around the time the forum changed formats. It wasn't done very gracefully. I hadn't logged in for a while and when I tried it was just gone. I had to search around for a while until I found it. They may have posted a message that it was changing but I (and I think many others) didn't see it.
(12-20-2018, 05:18 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: It seemed like a lot of people disappeared around the time the forum changed formats. It wasn't done very gracefully. I hadn't logged in for a while and when I tried it was just gone. I had to search around for a while until I found it. They may have posted a message that it was changing but I (and I think many others) didn't see it.

The last time he visited:  2016-07-18, 08:03 PM

That is after the conversion, right?

Maybe he just got tired of us.
I used the head from NTR's  drawings, ( below) & the body from a design in Mark Dungsie  bandsaw book

Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
I really like them and the ones with the narrow faces in the bottom picture in the back.

Would love the templates of them if you can.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-20-2018, 03:07 AM)JimBob327 Wrote: haven't posted in a while, so here are my newest reindeer.
They are out of a maple burl slab from my bil over in Boise.

Nice work!
Yes
Sawdust, sawdust everywhere and amungst it somewhere is my pencil...