Couple last minute gifts...
(12-27-2018, 12:23 PM)CLETUS Wrote: Can you expand on these two statements? Maybe a picture of the jig or process? I googled spray in flocking and the results centered around Christmas trees.

Hi, Mark

The jig is just 2 pieces of plywood screwed together to form an angle and a piece of masonite screwed through a slot to allow for adjustments & different sizes and then attached to a miter gauge an set at 45 degrees.

[Image: ZLxXv5R.jpg]

[Image: SIkTlLU.jpg]

[Image: rIU0Zgd.jpg]

I should add that you'll need to use an eraser-tipped pencil to hold the small pieces in place to keep them from flying off the jig during the cut. Remove them from the jig before pulling the jig back through the blade.

The diamonds are cut from 1/8" thick stock at whatever width you want. In the case for these projects 1/2" & 3/4". The important thing to remember when cutting the diamonds is to make sure that the cut edge is equal to the long grain edge. This ensures that the diamonds are all identical. If the edges are of different lengths they won't match up when laying out/gluing...

[Image: gwkFvjR.jpg]

The flocking a two-step process like the one in the previous post. Once the boxes (or whatever...) are completed and the finish applied, the edges are taped off with painter's tape. I usually tape/cover any areas where the adhesive can potentially land if it drips off the brush - a lesson learned...
Crazy Sorry I don't have pics of that.
Smirk Apply the adhesive liberally to everywhere you want to cover and then using the cardboard tube applicators filled with the flocking material pump the applicator while moving it over the area to be covered. Again, apply liberally. Allow it to dry overnight, leaving the excess flocking in place. The next day dump the excess onto the a sheet of newspaper, gently tapping the box to release all the loose flocking. Fold the newspaper in half at the crease and dump the excess material back into it's bag for re-use.

[Image: at59eXV.jpg]

[Image: qJVI2Kc.jpg]

Remove the tape and you're done!
Yes
Big Grin

Hope that helps!
Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks Dave!........
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15