Lie-Nielsen Were To Buy? / Price Point?
I have been looking for a used LN Violin Makers Plane No.101 but have not had any luck, so I am going to purchase a new one.
 I know there prices are the same no matter where you buy, but is there any place that has free shipping or some kind of rebate or promotions?

Thanks
Craftsman Studio has a flat rate $9 shipping for orders; that's about it. I'd just order from LN directly.... but that's just me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
As Admiral said, LN directly, or keep an eye on Ebay. There's always 30-40 LN items there most all time.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I too would recommend buying direct from LN. Twice in the past I ordered LN from two different dealers and was disappointed both times. One order was for a panel gauge where the cutter was an old style that LN had changed years prior in response to customer feedback, and the other time I received a plane that appeared to me to have been the demo unit and/or floor model. Everything I ever ordered direct has always been perfect.
(12-27-2018, 05:20 PM)fall Wrote: I have been looking for a used LN Violin Makers Plane No.101 but have not had any luck, so I am going to purchase a new one.
 I know there prices are the same no matter where you buy, but is there any place that has free shipping or some kind of rebate or promotions?

Thanks

Highland Woodworking has the #101 in stock and has free shipping until Jan 2 for an order over $75.00. I have ordered for them and everything arrived safe.
(12-27-2018, 09:53 PM)Rmt25 Wrote: Highland Woodworking has the #101 in stock and has free shipping until Jan 2 for an order over $75.00. I have ordered for them and everything arrived safe.

Thanks for the lead Rmt25. I will check them out
If you attend one of Lie-Nielsen's many free shows around the US, they offer free shipping on anything ordered at the show. Plus, the shows give you a chance to try out most of their hand tools in person. And meet some great people.
(01-01-2019, 04:56 PM)Brent V. Wrote: If you attend one of Lie-Nielsen's many free shows around the US, they offer free shipping on anything ordered at the show. Plus, the shows give you a chance to try out most of their hand tools in person. And meet some great people.

^^^^   This.

I have only been to one, in Santa Barbara ( hour south of me ) eight years ago.

Pretty much their whole product line was there. I picked out some of the best 
   tools I have ever purchased, and they shipped them to me for free.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me