Wiring Connections for A Light Post
When I replaced my Dad's lamp posts we did everything you mentioned but we put a pvc sleeve in the concrete so the lamp post could be removed for repair or replacement. Makes it very easy when some one mistakenly hits the post or any other maintenance suck as painting etc.

Happy New Years to all.
If the wire is in conduit all the way use individual THWN wires.   Also use sweep bends to allow pulling the wires later.   Stop the conduit where you have access to the end after it is in place.  Also gfci protect the circuit.  Roly   Note the W in the THWN is for wet locations.
You mentioned outlets on the posts -- are they controlled by the sensor or are the hot full time?

Controlled would be nice for holiday lights, full-time would be better for yard tools, etc.

Just my too scents
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I wired the outlets to be hot full time but could have wired them to the sensor.  I can always use a timer for holiday lights. Also the sensors are only rated for 600 watts max.
Both light and outlet of mine are controlled from the house with a switch. Yes it will take two circuits. I just like to be able to control the outside outlet.
Probably too late now, but i would've pulled a red inside the conduit too.  Even though it's wired hot all the time and using sensors to turn on, never know when you might want to change that in the future and have it switched.
Just my 2 cents...fwiw

Colin
these lights are 1/4 mile away from my house. I have no reason to switch them on or off, nor am I inclined to walk/drive that far to do it.
(01-02-2019, 02:13 PM)crokett™ Wrote: these lights are 1/4 mile away from my house.  I have no reason to switch them on or off, nor am I inclined to walk/drive that far to do it.

I did not realize that the light was so far away from the house.  A gfci circuit is only rated for about 250'.   Can the receptacle in the post be changed to a gfci ?  Roly
Wow that is a long driveway. Did you measure voltage drop? Just curious.
(01-02-2019, 03:42 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Wow that is a long driveway. Did you measure voltage drop?  Just curious.

Is the feed for it at the house or from a pole closer to the light ?   If it is from a 1/4 mile away you will need a large cable .    Roly
For 1320' of 12 gauge copper wire with a 2 amp load the end voltage would be 112 volts , low but okay for a light. Change that to a 10 amp load such as you plug in a tool and it would be 78 volts which is not acceptable .