Wiring Connections for A Light Post
I might consider low voltage lights which would not need to be buried 18" (or 24" in my area).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-27-2018, 05:54 PM)crokett™ Wrote:   I will have all the wiring in conduit. 

(12-27-2018, 09:09 PM)crokett™ Wrote:   I won't have to run extension cords any more.

(01-02-2019, 02:13 PM)crokett™ Wrote: these lights are 1/4 mile away from my house.  

Did you seriously trench in a 1/4 mile of conduit and wiring? In the past, did you really run a 1/4 mile of extension cords?

Raised
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(01-03-2019, 10:39 AM)CLETUS Wrote: Did you seriously trench in a 1/4 mile of conduit and wiring? In the past, did you really run a 1/4 mile of extension cords?

Raised

Laugh
Laugh

No.  My property sits behind some land my dad owns.  He has a well on that property that has its own meter.  14 or so months ago he pulled power off that panel.  He wanted an outlet for tools, etc for a project he was working on, plus he likes my wife a lot, and -she- wanted Christmas lights...   I extended that circuit, about 25' to the first light pole and another 27' across the driveway.
(01-02-2019, 03:42 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Wow that is a long driveway. Did you measure voltage drop?  Just curious.

power is coming from a panel that is much closer to those lights than my house is.  I wasn't trying to obfuscate, I didn't think this thread was going this far.
(01-03-2019, 10:24 AM)Cooler Wrote: I might consider low voltage lights which would not need to be buried 18" (or 24" in my area).

one of these days I am going to be asked to install low voltage lights along my walk and possible at the top of the driveway, but my wife hasn't gotten tired of buying the cheap solar lights every 2 or 3 years yet.
(01-03-2019, 11:32 AM)crokett™ Wrote: one of these days I am going to be asked to install low voltage lights along my walk and possible at the top of the driveway, but my wife hasn't gotten tired of buying the cheap solar lights every 2 or 3 years yet.

12 volt lights can be pretty bright.  My halogen headlights are bright enough to light up the road.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.