Incra iBox and Freud Super Dado ?'s
I got an Incra iBox and Freud 8" Super Dado for Christmas and I'm in the process of setting it up.  Can anyone tell me why there's a difference in rt tilt vs lt tilt setup for the iBox.  I don't ever see tilting my blade for a box joint.  Also, I thought the Super Dado would leave a completely square dado.  I noticed a little 1/64"notch in the corners, where the outside blades have an angled bevel.  Otherwise the dado bottom is dead flat with a super clean cut.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

I have no idea why that setup is different for RT vs. LT. I switched mine when i went from a RT saw to a LT, but after I did it I coukldn't see the reason for doing it. As for the dado set, what you are seeing is sometimes called "devils ears" (among other things) and is common. If you look at the outside blades you'll see the points that cause the effect. But those points also make for a much smoother cut, especially cross grain when you do regular dadoes. It seem to me that someone mentioned a set that doesn't do that, but I don't recall which brand it was. Of course you could always buy the box joint set, something I probably won't do.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
When you change the size of a dado stack, one side of the blade stays still (the arbor side) and the other side varies. Which side is which depends on the saw tilt.
(12-28-2018, 01:07 PM)Alan S Wrote: When you change the size of a dado stack, one side of the blade stays still (the arbor side) and the other side varies.  Which side is which depends on the saw tilt.

I knew I came to the right place for the right answers.  Makes total sense.  Thanks!
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

Thanks Alan, hadn't considered that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.