Vessel Hollowing Systems / Tools Recommendations
I’ve been looking at various hollowing systems for turning vessels and curious whether anyone has experience with the Crown Revolution Turning System (https://www.hartvilletool.com/product/35...ing-system). I’ve been using the Sorby Hollowmaster for a while. Also curious as to recommendations/opinions on alternative hollowing systems.

Thanks,
John
I have only used the Woodcut system and I don't do a lot of hollow form turning, but this tool has worked for me pretty well when traditional tools aren't adequate. It's relatively easy to adjust how aggressive you want your cut and I haven't had problems with catches.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
John

I like the Lyle Jamieson hollowing system for deep turnings but my go to and what I use mostly is Tim Yoders Elbow system.  It is so easy to use and well I like it a lot.  He gave the whole (What he called Having defects and it was brand new) Elbow system to me and the vets and all of us love it.  I can not say anything more then that.

Here is the link for Tim's system I HIGHLY recommend.  Also watch the video he has on it to see how you like it to.

http://wtwtim.com/elbotool.htm
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-29-2018, 05:55 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: John

I like the Lyle Jamieson hollowing system for deep turnings but my go to and what I use mostly is Tim Yoders Elbow system.  It is so easy to use and well I like it a lot.  He gave the whole  (What he called Having defects and it was brand new) Elbow system to me and the vets and all of us love it.  I can not say anything more then that.

Here is the link for Tim's system I HIGHLY recommend.  Also watch the video he has on it to see how you like it to.

http://wtwtim.com/elbotool.htm

Tim;s Elbo system is a version of the articulated arm hollowing system. I got mine from Monster Tols not long after the company founder (and WNer) passed away. I got it with the laser attachment. After seeing Stuart Batty demonstrate his imaging technique for hollowing I picked up an inspection camera to replace the laser.

I took a private hollowing lesson from one of our club members. I got to try several different captive D-handle systems (Lyle's is in this category) and my articulated arm system during the class. They all worked well when used properly.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Ya Tim told me he bought out the business who sold them a year or two ago.  I did not know who had them before but the system does a great job.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.