Time for another cradle
This time, it's for us. The missus is due July 4, and she wants a moon cradle. I've spent some time searching the web and have found some basic plans for the idea. Seems super simple, and since she wants to paint it silvery, I can build it from poplar.

Has anybody else here built one, and if so, have any advice that I haven't already read?

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&c...YJlyxZayZA
Semper fi,
Brad

Congrats !!!  Never heard of a Moon Cradle, looks rather interesting. Keep us updated on the build, should be a good one.

Oh, sorry, no real advice otherwise.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Well, those are different.
Winkgrin 
Wow, $779.49 on Etsy. Looks to be made from a wooden wire roll.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Cool

If you need any wire spools you can probably get all you want in Houston. Last 6 months there have been almost as many spools rolling down the freeway as cars. At least 6 spools of various sizes.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
It does look simple. Evidently the plan is to make them from MDF and pallet wood. I think you're smart to choose yellow poplar instead. Plans such as they are seem to be freely available.
I'll build ours with ply and poplar; I like ply's ability to hold screws better than MDF.

Like you guys said, it does look super simple.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-30-2018, 08:33 AM)Redman Wrote: Last 6 months there have been almost as many spools rolling down the freeway as cars. At least 6 spools of various sizes.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh 

I can see Red now.............standing next to I-45....................whooooooooosh............whoooooooooosh...........

What da................................whoooooooooooosh...................boing

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-30-2018, 11:33 AM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh 

I can see Red now.............standing next to I-45....................whooooooooosh............whoooooooooosh...........

What da................................whoooooooooooosh...................boing

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Happened on Beltway 8 west side. Wasn't me however.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Congratulations Jason.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-30-2018, 11:36 AM)Redman Wrote: Happened on Beltway 8 west side. Wasn't me however.

And these weren’t little spools

Congrats Brad btw