Tye dyed!!
OK how thick should I get?  I know the glass place close and they have left overs from other jobs they would cut for me.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-30-2018, 07:34 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: I won't use this for any food, that's for sure. I don't like being poisoned.

Amen to that!!  The first few batches i stabilized i overheated (not by a lot, but got more force-out than i should have).  Find that i really have to nurse the toaster oven to keep it at 180, and a tweak of the dial takes it to 250.  So...after realizing Curtis' PID was more than i should spend i started looking for a used lab oven with PID controls.  Even that gets salty with shipping.  Yesterday morning i did some looking on a web site where i have "points" to spend (from my real work) and stumbled into the idea of using a smoker, so your post was perfect timing.  No cash needed--so if i find i still need a controller i've got zero invested for a bigger chamber.

Definitely would not use it for food after CJ, plus i don't think i'd use it for blanks after smoking a pork butt--though even dogs would love the pens!!
earl
I just noticed that it is a miniature turning and have to say WELL done.  Sorry I did not see it before.  I just have to try to make something like that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-30-2018, 11:58 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK how thick should I get?  I know the glass place close and they have left overs from other jobs they would cut for me.

Mine is 1/2 inch
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qh2mZJMYws

Dry Creek Woodturning

Dry Creek Woodturning

Really cool colors on those pieces.
Very cool outcome.
Hey Anthony--how long was that soak in the video? Had to have been more than 1:25!

By the way, just bought a Precision Scientific vacuum oven on the auction site. Range of 50 - 200 C, and IF the door seal is still good i'll be able to pull a vacuum when i'm not heating. Will take a week or so to get here, once i get it set up and test a little i'll post some pics.

Thanks,
earl
(01-03-2019, 02:29 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Hey Anthony--how long was that soak in the video?  Had to have been more than 1:25!

By the way, just bought a Precision Scientific vacuum oven on the auction site.  Range of 50 - 200 C, and IF the door seal is still good i'll be able to pull a vacuum when i'm not heating.  Will take a week or so to get here, once i get it set up and test a little i'll post some pics.

Thanks,
earl

Time lapse yes, wasn't long maybe 20 minutes

Dry Creek Woodturning