Mystery Jig... I think -->Can you tell me what it is??
It’s part of the Garrett-Wade “universal assembly jig”, see here; http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/garrettwade1.htm
(01-01-2019, 01:19 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: Is there a company name molded into the plastic parts or stamped into the extrusions?

There is nothing on the box or any of the parts...

I'm wondering if it might be a fixturing jig for putting together base cabinets??? 

Thanks!

-jj
(01-01-2019, 05:14 PM)Mr-Hockey Wrote: There is nothing on the box or any of the parts...

I'm wondering if it might be a fixturing jig for putting together base cabinets??? 

Thanks!

-jj

I'm going to take a wild guess and offer that it's an assembly jig from Garret Wade.
Big Grin
(01-01-2019, 03:18 PM)jlanciani Wrote: It’s part of the Garrett-Wade “universal assembly jig”, see here; http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/garrettwade1.htm

That's a winner!

As for the tapering jig guess --->
Slap

Simon
(01-01-2019, 07:10 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: That's a winner!

As for the tapering jig guess --->
Slap

Simon

Well the review indicated the extrusions aren't square, so it sounds like it is a tapering jig, of sorts.
(01-01-2019, 07:12 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Well the review indicated the extrusions aren't square, so it sounds like it is a tapering jig, of sorts.

Something not being square does not automatically make itself a tapering jig! I hope someone, if not the owner of that half of the jig, can demo how that assembly jig could be meaningfully used as a tapering jig on the table saw.
Smirk Any volunteer?
Prayer

Simon
I would use it for a stop for how wide you cut the wood and keep cutting it thin or thick and not have kick back.  Well that is what I would us it for anyway.  I am always worried about the guys and gals and their fingers.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-01-2019, 07:20 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Something not being square does not automatically make itself a tapering jig! I hope someone, if not the owner of that half of the jig, can demo how that assembly jig could be meaningfully used as a tapering jig on the table saw.
Smirk  Any volunteer?
Prayer

Simon

You're kidding, right?  You can't see how that could be used as a tapering jig?
(01-01-2019, 08:03 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: You're kidding, right?  You can't see how that could be used as a tapering jig?

Show, don't tell.

I have seen and used my share of tapering jigs, including the fancy Micro-jig tapering jig, which you can dial to precise angles. I'd be happy to be informed as to how that GW's half jig could be used as is to safely taper cut 1/4" strips or legs, etc. on a table saw.

Simon
(01-01-2019, 08:41 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Show, don't tell.

I have seen and used my share of tapering jigs, including the fancy Micro-jig, which you can dial  to precise angles. I'd be happy to be informed as to know how that GW's half jig could be used as to safely cut tapered legs, etc. on a table saw.

Simon

Clamp the material to be cut to the jig at any angle/position desired using the provided t-slots and hold-downs, run the jig against the fence and cut your workpiece.