Kitchen remodel progress
So you had to assemble all those new boxes?

On the micro width (30) with 36 cooktop, if you have 18" between uppers and lowers, and 3" width from wood to burner, I don't think you would have had to do that . I've ran into that before. The customers cheaped out on buying a 36 micro to match their 36 range.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yes, I assembled the cabinets for a couple reasons. Unassembled, is free shipping and 17% less expensive. I don't have the space to store 22 assembled cabinets during the build. 

This is the garage with half the cabinets built.
[Image: Y66UvhT.jpg]

I didn't see any 36" wide microwaves. But I also didn't look real hard. Generally vent hoods go over cooktops. Keep in mind, this is my wife's kitchen. I needed her to pick out appliances so I could do a cabinet layout. The GE sale had a lot to do with the appliances she picked. She wanted the micro over the cooktop. I wanted a vent hood... but didn't press the issue.  We didn't even think about a 36" micro until the appliances were in the garage and I ordered the cabinets after we had all the appliances. I did do a design with a 30" gap over the cooktop but didn't think it looked right or attractive.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Been sidelined with work and other issues but have made some progress.

Getting ready to put in the new kitchen door. Had remove a window so needed to prop up the joists so I could move the header from the window to the door opening.

[Image: aod8jci.jpg]

[Image: YXiCCPY.jpg]
[Image: fKOuW8C.jpg]

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Got some tape work started... I really don't like ceiling work.

[Image: Lf7w0eW.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay

I despise ceiling drywall work. My neck is usually locked up about 5 minutes in.

Lookin good there.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-21-2019, 11:06 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I despise ceiling drywall work. My neck is usually locked up about 5 minutes in.

Lookin good there.

It goes a lot easier if I'm careful with the mud but it's still a pain. I admire the pros because I'm pretty sure they don't like it either.

... Kizar Sosay

Bi-focals and ceiling work doesn't end well....I just pay my neighbor.

Looking good!

Ed
I do have to wear readers to lay mud and sand. It's a curse.

... Kizar Sosay

Did you turn the window opening into a door or did you move the door opening? Our old house I turned a window in the kitchen into a door. I had brick siding though. In a way that made things easier than vinyl. Cutting the opening through the brick is harder than removing vinyl, but the brick mold on the new door covered the cut brick so there wasn't any residing to do.
The new door location bisects the window about in the middle to the right. The rough opening for the window was about 6" larger than the RO for the 32" door so I pulled out the header, cut it down and reused it.

... Kizar Sosay