Kitchen remodel progress
(03-17-2019, 11:38 PM)JTTHECLOCKMA Wrote: tried following this but your pictures load too slow for me so will just as questions. Where did you get the cabinets and what grade are they??  Do you like them as far as quality??  What did you use on the floor and did you install yourself. Did you lay floor under the cabinets or up to them?? Did you install the cabinets yourself?? Are you doing all the work yourself??  Thanks Need to do this myself but my kitchen is not a large.
The
Cabinets are stock sizes ordered from Stock Cabinet Express. The style is Uptown White
Grade? I couldn't tell you.

Do I like them as far as quality? I think for the price point, they are fine, what I expected. Although I didn't know this when ordering, the manufacturer is Forevermark.  The same cabinets are available from other suppliers. There have been some issues, mostly warping of plywood parts and clips not aligning. The panels are held together with clips. I've had to move some to get them to align. Although the manufacturer says glue isn't necessary, I glued them. They are painted birch, sides are 1/2" ply. Face Frames, door and drawer frames are solid birch. Drawer and door panels are MDF. But once assembled, they come together fine. Some took a little manipulating. I built our last kitchen at the old house which was a good bit smaller using maple and birch ply. It cost me less to buy these cabinets than it did do build the last set. This was just a hair over $7,000. These came unassembled in flat boxes. Assembled is an option. The oven cabinet front comes with generic openings. I modified it to fit this oven.

I've seen the same brand in some of the homes I have inspected and can tell you that the stained cabinets appear to be better quality than these painted ones.

I'm doing all the work myself. It's a sickness. 

Haven't installed a floor yet. We're considering several options and probably won't pick the floor till we have the countertop in. Options are vinyl plank, pre-finished hardwood (probably natural oak) or tile. I'm really tired of laying tile though and it it price prohibitive. The countertop will probably be quartzite unless we fall in love with a granite at a reasonable price. Right now, the countertop is 3/4" Melamine in order to have a working kitchen during the build.

The cabinets are on the subfloor. You can't put cabinets on a floating floor, particularly vinyl plank. The flooring will buttt up to the cabinets with a toe-kick over it.

[url=https://forevermarkcabinetry.com/][/url]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-18-2019, 10:14 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: … I'm doing all the work myself. It's a sickness. 

Laugh   Yeah, it is.  I swore I'd never build another kitchen after doing one for myself and one for money later... but I'm gonna do it again because I can't find what I want (Craftsman).
Thank you for the reply. The kitchen will be my last room I do so it will be some time yet but just watching others go through this process now and then.
John T.
(03-18-2019, 10:01 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Thank you for the reply. The kitchen will be my last room I do so it will be some time yet but just watching others go through this process now and then.

I should mention, the $7000 included 2 roll out trays on most of the base cupboards, roll out garbage bins, soft closing glides and hinges some glass doors, toe kicks and, molding (which I won't be using) ad shipping. I've priced the slides alone from various suppliers and they run $42 a set.

Total.. 26 cabinets including the tall pantry cabinet and tall oven cabinet. The pantry cabinet was $633 and the Oven Cabinet was $836.

If I subtract those two cabinets, the cost per cabinet averaged $230. That includes the corner lazy Susan cabinet,

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I haven't updated in a while. Busy at work and took a little vacation time.

I've got the backslash started. Still a lot to go. The pattern over the cook-top will repeated over the bar sink. Will post more picks when the tile is all up.

[Image: UWZump0.jpg]

[Image: mu9oLgk.jpg]

[Image: UFKZsEv.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay

I haven't updated in a while.. Work, family, wife went back to school,,, again etc., but back at it. It's winding down, the floor is just about in. We're squeezing my wife's desk out and the place is still a mess but you get the idea.

[Image: Ip9Pwu0.jpg]

Coffee bar

[Image: Eql7KWs.jpg]

The Wife's desk. I have to skim those bay-window walls with mud and sand smooth and trim everything out and paint. Then we start planning to turn the family room into the new dining room and bump out the rear wall and will put in a nice big family room. We had that at the last house and really miss it.

[Image: 67Lb7UZ.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay

I like what you did with the backsplash.  
Yes
Looking great!!!.....
(10-20-2019, 07:21 AM)KC Wrote: I like what you did with the backsplash.  
Yes

Thank you. My wife likes it too, that's all I really care about.  I wouldn't have picked that tile, flooring or white cabinets. Some Most battles aren't worth fighting. ....

... Kizar Sosay

Old:
[Image: 1qRIcHv.jpg]

New:
[Image: Ip9Pwu0.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay