What is this?
I bought an older built home and these were around the perimeter of the house. I was thinking they were some kind of slug killers. It has a fine screen under the cover that snaps on.
Thanks for looking.
Dave

Attached Files Image(s)

Termite bait container. Are they all around the house?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

On the sides and back yard, however they look empty and old.
(01-01-2019, 05:27 PM)med-one Wrote: On the sides and back yard, however they look empty and old.

Did you get a termite inspection when you bought it?

Typically they're installed along with a service contract. The bug man comes by once in a while and outs in fresh bait.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I agree - they are likely Termite traps. I'd call a local pest control company and have a "standard" inspection - as they would do on a new home purchase. If that was done when you bought it and they didn't at least mention those, I'd call somebody else. I'd avoid the big national names...they tend to be big on pushy sales and the local techs may or may not (more often not) know what they are doing.
(01-01-2019, 05:58 PM)JosephP Wrote: I agree - they are likely Termite traps.  I'd call a local pest control company and have a "standard" inspection - as they would do on a new home purchase.  If that was done when you bought it and they didn't at least mention those, I'd call somebody else.  I'd avoid the big national names...they tend to be big on pushy sales and the local techs may or may not (more often not) know what they are doing.

The home inspector should have mentioned it too

... Kizar Sosay

The inspector did not mention it. Good advice on getting someone out to look at the house.