Well Easter is Apr 21 anyone wish to
do like the Christmas exchange?  I am thinking same rules but maybe 2 or 3 eggs, Bunnies or other Easter items.

Any Carving or Turning or any hand made wooden objects.

I am thinking they should be mailed by Apr 12, 2019. If interested please PM me.

Also can a mod sticky this for me please.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I'll sign on.  I have a couple ideas.  Maybe.. if they work..  Anyway, PM sent.
It will be fun.
Rodney
(01-02-2019, 09:46 PM)Rodneywt1180b Wrote: I'll sign on.  I have a couple ideas.  Maybe.. if they work..  Anyway, PM sent.
It will be fun.
Rodney

Thanks buddy and you and I are the first.  Like you I also have several ideas and will be trying them out soon I hope.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

What is an "Easter ornament"?

That is a new one for me.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I just took it as anything related to Easter.
(01-03-2019, 12:49 AM)iclark Wrote: What is an "Easter ornament"?

That is a new one for me.

I was thinking Easter eggs were ornaments or ornamental  so I looked it up

or·na·ment
noun
noun: ornament; plural noun: ornaments
/ˈôrnəmənt/
  1. 1.
    a thing used to make something look more attractive but usually having no practical purpose, especially a small object such as a figurine.
    synonyms:
    knickknack, trinket, bauble, bibelot, gewgaw, gimcrack, furbelow; More
    informal whatnot, doodad, tchotchke
    "small tables covered with ornaments"

• a quality or person adding grace, beauty, or honor to something.
      "the design would be a great ornament to the metropolis"

• decoration added to embellish something, especially a building.
      "it served more for ornament than for protection"
      synonyms:
      decoration, adornment, embellishment, ornamentation, trimming, accessories
      "the dress had no ornament at all"

• Music
      embellishments and decorations, such as trills or grace notes, added to a melody.
    • Christian Church
      the accessories of worship, such as the altar, chalice, and sacred vessels.
               make (something) look more attractive by adding decorative items.
[*]

So I guess anything can be an ornament just as long as it is dressed up like a wooden bunny or egg or whatever else that can be dressed up.

(01-04-2019, 03:11 AM)hientran2102 Wrote: chào mọi người mình là hiền rất vui được làm quen với mọi người mình bán các sản phẩm giường bằng gỗ xem chi tiết tại đồ gỗ giá kho nha

Translated Vietnamese

hi everyone i am very happy to get acquainted with everyone i sell wooden bed products see details in wooden furniture

Is this Spam?  I think so since we are doing Easter ornaments.

I just thought I'd give this a friendly bump back to the top.
I haven't seen a lot of interest in the Easter swap yet. Hopefully Arlin has his hands full with PMs.

There are a lot of advantages to these swaps. 
First off they're fun. I really enjoyed the Christmas exchange. That's enough reason to do another for me.

They're challenging.  Well, at least for me. The different holiday themes get me to think about the holiday and what might be appropriate for both the holiday and the person I'm swapping with.  It keeps the mind active.

They're good practice and a great place to try any new ideas you might have.

If you're a new wood worker they're a great way to put your work in the hands of another woodworker and get a friendly critique from someone with the same interests.  So newer members don't be shy.

Besides, any reason to get in your shop and make something is a good reason.

I'm off the soap box now.
Rodney
I've got my shop torn apart at the moment redoing a few things. I'll have to pass on this one.
(01-11-2019, 01:03 PM)Rodneywt1180b Wrote: I just thought I'd give this a friendly bump back to the top.
I haven't seen a lot of interest in the Easter swap yet. Hopefully Arlin has his hands full with PMs.

There are a lot of advantages to these swaps. 
First off they're fun. I really enjoyed the Christmas exchange. That's enough reason to do another for me.

They're challenging.  Well, at least for me. The different holiday themes get me to think about the holiday and what might be appropriate for both the holiday and the person I'm swapping with.  It keeps the mind active.

They're good practice and a great place to try any new ideas you might have.

If you're a new wood worker they're a great way to put your work in the hands of another woodworker and get a friendly critique from someone with the same interests.  So newer members don't be shy.

Besides, any reason to get in your shop and make something is a good reason.

I'm off the soap box now.
Rodney

Just me and you so far buddy.  I put it up in Hand Tools and Wood Working also.