New Project, just a desk...
Clamps came off this morning, while I was bringing the glue bottle upstairs to warm up a bit....closed the lid 

Angles seem to be fairly close?
Cool 
Front view?

Trying to decide on this "topper"
Confused  

Too small?  Too plain?  

If and when the shop does warm up a bit, I'll start on the drawer builds....
Not too bad..so far?
Confused 

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That looks really nice Steve! I like the current tweaks to the original desk design. 

You said a "computer desk". How will cable management be done? I started computer work at a desk and station. I guess tech has advanced to mobile equipment, so maybe all the junk I have and feel is required is no longer necessary.
GrandBRAT Diva will either watch her table/ipod on this....or sit and draw/write....doesn't have a computer...yet.   Might with for a Laptop.   Should be enough room inside to stash all she wants.    She also has her own chair.....
Winkgrin
Not to small, not too plain, looks right to me.
How will you finish it?
Thinking a dark walnut stain, and a couple coats of clear gloss poly....about the same routine as used on that Coffee Table project.....

She is wanting her new desk by next weekend......
Rolleyes yeah...right.   We'll see...
Winkgrin
(01-21-2019, 07:30 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Thinking a dark walnut stain, and a couple coats of clear gloss poly....about the same routine as used on that Coffee Table project.....

She is wanting her new desk by next weekend......
Rolleyes yeah...right.   We'll see...
Winkgrin

Next week...well in spite of a couple of serious life issues, you moved right along here. My money is on you big guy....

Winkgrin
Let's see if I can get this caught up
Rolleyes  Accent piece has been glued in place.   An add-on strip was glued to the left edge of the lid and top shelf...lid now has a matching overhang on both ends..
    Plugs have been made...

Installed..

And trimmed flush.  Stanley #60-1/2...Dividers have been glued in place..
Cool 

Drawer fronts have been milled to size..

Along with the rest of the drawer's parts, milled a few rebates on each drawer front, as a place to glue and nail the ends and bottom
Cool  

Comes together about like this..nothing fancy
Rolleyes 

Add small handles to the drawer fronts, and set them in place..
Winkgrin 

Then close the lid...insides are about done
Cool 

Still have a few plugs to install..

Then a final sanding, then stain and varnish....we be getting there...
Winkgrin 
Stay tuned
Another great project from the shop "down under" Bandit. All of this in about 20 days which included personal adversities too. 
The finish should enhance those dovetails. I've enjoyed tagging along during this build. Well done. Thanks.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
(01-23-2019, 01:30 PM)Grandpa Dave Wrote: Another great project from the shop "down under" Bandit. All of this in about 20 days which included personal adversities too. 
The finish should enhance those dovetails. I've enjoyed tagging along during this build. Well done. Thanks.

I second that!

Another great build along.

THANK YOU
Thanks...maybe this will inspire others to go out and build one of these themselves..

Waiting on the stain to dry, right now...