Router lift or just start all over.
(01-05-2019, 03:49 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: I have had a 3-1/2 hp Stanley router in a table for decades and have never once felt I needed a router lift.

Same here. 5 tables and no lift.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-05-2019, 03:49 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: I have had a 3-1/2 hp Stanley router in a table for decades and have never once felt I needed a router lift.

Agreed. Ive never had or felt the need either. I don't do much joinery work at the router table, so MAYBE I would change if that were the case, but never had an issue just adjusting by hand when the need arises. 

But now my woodworking is more of a production style set up where the routertable is set with a bit and let until it dulls and needs to be swapped, same with the shaper and so on, so it would be a waste of money now.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

My first router in a table was the Hitachi M12V.  I used is with a Router Raizer.  I built a kitchen with it, so I guess it worked OK.

In the 10 years since, that router burned up and I've since gone to a Triton TRA001 (3HP).

The above table height adjustment feature was the selling point, as I thought it would save money on a lift.  But after a year or so,  the lift is not working well and it looks like I'm sending it back to have it worked on.

Triton tech support said the bit drop after lock release is "the nature of the beast".  Not a very satisfactory answer IMO.