Lie-Nielsen Workbench question
Photo 
Today I was looking at Lie-Nielsen workbench review, pictures etc.

I noticed that the bottom stretchers are connected to legs with connector, it looks like vertical cross dowel, but not sure.
Let me know what kind of connector is this.

Here is closes up picture.

Here is the workbench

Attached Files Image(s)

Bolts from the outer part of the leg, on through and
then threaded into 'nuts' inserted in those visible cavities.

Bench bolts. For prefabricated items, such as these.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Benchcrafted.com also sells the hardware to make your own knock-down bench. Look for barrel bolts under the accessories tab on their site.
The stretchers also have substantial tenons into the legs. It’s a very solid and well made workbench.

Kevin
I have no doubt that the LN bench is solid as a rock, having used them at various shows over the years.  If you prefer a proper mortise and tenon base, do as I did: make your own!

Bed bolts work. Solid enough for hundreds of rocking pounds. Your #lb plane and horrible flattening attempt or too heavy pounding and wood are good id think.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Yeah, that’ll work, too! Hey there, neighbor, hope all is well!

Kevin
I've not looked closely at them personally, but the Lie-Nielsen ones look like a 3/8" threaded steel plate instead of a regular nut, a good idea that gives plenty of bearing surface.

I used these from Lee Valley.They are very good:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,41637
(01-04-2019, 11:31 PM)Jack01 Wrote: Today I was looking at Lie-Nielsen workbench review, pictures etc.

I noticed that the bottom stretchers are connected to legs with connector, it looks like vertical cross dowel, but not sure.
Let me know what kind of connector is this.

Here is closes up picture.

Here is the workbench

I would call them "draw bolts".......
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Hey, you recognized the bench! All is well, except that is the last time the top of my bench was that clean!

(01-06-2019, 08:15 AM)kwadams Wrote: Yeah, that’ll work, too! Hey there, neighbor, hope all is well!

Kevin