Multiple Romex Run in EMT Conduit
One box all three circuits.
Run the romex to the junction box, leave extra to reach the panel.

Strip the covering, feed the individual wires thru the conduit....

Ed
(01-05-2019, 10:49 PM)EdL Wrote: Run the romex to the junction box, leave extra to reach the panel.

Strip the covering, feed the individual wires thru the conduit....

Ed

Not code as the individual wires inside the NM are not marked.  Roly
The codes also de-rate the current carrying capacities of conductors in conduit depending on quantity, wire gauge, and conduit size.  In reality, a lot of electricians don't worry about this when pulling conductors; they just look at the "Conduit Fill Tables". Roly mentioned that the conductors in romex are not marked. I've worked on a lot of generator transfer switches where most of the circuits were extended from the panel to the switch with red and black conductors from romex, run thru "conduit" ranging from 2" to about 5' in length. (There goes that 18"-10' part of the code, but I guess it doesn't apply because the "romex" is no longer a non-metallic sheathed cable, and if it was the sheathing would have to extend into both boxes a min. of 1/4".)

Now if I wanted to be safe, and (almost) meet code; I would run 3, 1/2" E.M.T. conduits with "romex" from 1" inside the panel to the attic (thru the ceiling is the almost part) with proper E.M.T. to romex connectors (clamps) on top and adapters with nuts and bushings on the panel. If I didn't use more than 10' each I meet code there. No worries about fill tables or which cable is which, and as a bonus, 3 pc.s of 1/2 EMT cost about the same as 2 pc.s of 3/4", or a single 1".
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(01-06-2019, 12:19 AM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: The codes also de-rate the current carrying capacities of conductors in conduit depending on quantity, wire gauge, and conduit size.  In reality, a lot of electricians don't worry about this when pulling conductors; they just look at the "Conduit Fill Tables". Roly mentioned that the conductors in romex are not marked. I've worked on a lot of generator transfer switches where most of the circuits were extended from the panel to the switch with red and black conductors from romex, run thru "conduit" ranging from 2" to about 5' in length. (There goes that 18"-10' part of the code, but I guess it doesn't apply because the "romex" is no longer a non-metallic sheathed cable, and if it was the sheathing would have to extend into both boxes a min. of 1/4".)

Now if I wanted to be safe, and (almost) meet code; I would run 3, 1/2" E.M.T. conduits with "romex" from 1" inside the panel to the attic (thru the ceiling is the almost part) with proper E.M.T. to romex connectors (clamps) on top and adapters with nuts and bushings on the panel. If I didn't use more than 10' each I meet code there. No worries about fill tables or which cable is which, and as a bonus, 3 pc.s of 1/2 EMT cost about the same as 2 pc.s of 3/4", or a single 1".
LIL. I wish I could pose this question to this many inspectors to read their answers.
So why don’t you just call your local inspector and ask him? That’s the only inspector whose opinion would matter to you at the end of it all. And yes, I have called the local one here with questions and he has answered very clearly.
I wonder why you can't stub Romex into a structural ceiling, but you can into a non-structural (dropped) ceiling?

I wonder what they're worried about, that I'm missing.
Fire barrier, most likely. Dropped ceilings don’t count.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(01-05-2019, 10:16 AM)GDay Wrote: .... . There is no inspector or code here. I just want to do it right. Thanks for any help.
Gary

(01-06-2019, 10:46 AM)jasfrank Wrote: So why don’t you just call your local inspector and ask him? That’s the only inspector whose opinion would matter to you at the end of it all. And yes, I have called the local one here with questions and he has answered very clearly.
I must have missed that or misinterpreted that. But if the OP resides anywhere in the US the NEC certainly does pertain to him. That said I realize many wiring jobs are done and never inspected. I’m sure not against that either. But be aware that it does carry risk.