Multiple Romex Run in EMT Conduit
If there is no building code NEC might be a good idea, but not required. There are certainly things in NEC that are overly cautious that wouldn't cause safety issues except in some very creative circumstances....
Being a half-arsed hobbyist electrician, I really love these type of threads, I learn so much....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-06-2019, 04:04 PM)Admiral Wrote: Being a half-arsed hobbyist electrician, I really love these type of threads, I learn so much....

I mounted a nice NEMA box I had laying around in the attic. I have a 3/4” EMT run to it for #6 THHN and #6 Romex to a Patio panel. I ordered #6 Romex for it and will have a junction box on the Patio ceiling to tie Romex and #6 THHN together in.
I have a follow up question on the original subject. Can I pull 2 15 amp and one 20 amp in to the NEMA box in one 3/4” EMT using THHN? I can use 3 separate 1/2” EMT if that is required method. Thanks again for all the help.
Gary
(01-06-2019, 04:41 PM)GDay Wrote: ...... Can I pull 2 15 amp and one 20 amp in to the NEMA box in one 3/4” EMT using THHN? I can use 3 separate 1/2” EMT if that is required method. Thanks again for all the help.
Gary

No problem at all. Look at a conduit fill table ( http://www.elliottelectric.com/StaticPag...Table.aspx ) I usually tin the ends of stranded THHN. Lots easier to get all the strands under a lug and they hold better in wire nuts too.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(01-06-2019, 07:48 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: No problem at all. Look at a conduit fill table ( http://www.elliottelectric.com/StaticPag...Table.aspx ) I usually tin the ends of stranded THHN. Lots easier to get all the strands under a lug and they hold better in wire nuts too.

That is a very good chart. Thanks.
I'm confused by what kind of cable the OP wants to pull.  He mentions Romex and coax in the same post.  Romex is metal clad cable.  It isn't normally run through conduit.  Coax is not electrical wire.    If he means non-metallic sheathed electrical wire, then that is legal, at least here for short distances.  I specifically asked  the factory to add empty runs of 2" conduit from my panel down to the crawl space and up to the attic for use in adding circuits.   When the builder finished out the upstairs, the electricians thanked me for that conduit, it made their jobs a lot easier.
(01-07-2019, 10:23 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I'm confused by what kind of cable the OP wants to pull.  He mentions Romex and coax in the same post.  Romex is metal clad cable.  It isn't normally run through conduit.  Coax is not electrical wire.    If he means non-metallic sheathed electrical wire, then that is legal, at least here for short distances.  I specifically asked  the factory to add empty runs of 2" conduit from my panel down to the crawl space and up to the attic for use in adding circuits.   When the builder finished out the upstairs, the electricians thanked me for that conduit, it made their jobs a lot easier.

Sorry-if I dropped Coax in there somewhere. The only wire being used in my two projects is THHN run in EMT conduit and Romex or the two different wire types will be tied together in j-boxes. 
Gary
Romex is A trademark for NM sheathed cable.
(01-07-2019, 01:17 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Romex is A trademark for NM sheathed cable.

Kleenex, Jello, Vice-Grips, Channel Locks, Sawzall, Skilsaw, Torx, NM clamp type connector,.. err Romex connector.
Yes
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"