Curved top box build
(07-06-2019, 07:18 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: I really like what Tom said: I am impressed. With the final result, with the aesthetic choices you made, with the diligent effort given to achieve challenging joinery in an exacting wood, even with your build along documentation.

Aram, I have learned a lot from your build.  As much as I have enjoyed the build I am saddened that is FINISHED.

Thank you for including us.

Thank you. It was very challenging for me. Happy to share the experience, glad someone out there found it worth looking at.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Very nice work.
Yes

Didn't you used to live in the Bay area?

Funny thing is, I lived in Cottage Grove in the 70s, about 20 miles south of Eugene. I worked down in Roseburg at a tree farm.

Cheers,
Alan
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(07-06-2019, 07:39 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: Very nice work.
Yes

Didn't you used to live in the Bay area?

Funny thing is, I lived in Cottage Grove in the 70s, about 20 miles south of Eugene. I worked down in Roseburg at a tree farm.

Cheers,
Alan

Thank you. I did, but I escaped after my daughter left for college. We checked out Cottage Grove last time she visited me. Nice place, but talk about your sleepy villages!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(07-06-2019, 07:42 PM)Aram Wrote: Thank you. I did, but I escaped after my daughter left for college. We checked out Cottage Grove last time she visited me. Nice place, but talk about your sleepy villages!
LOL

In the 70s when I lived there, there was less than 1000 people in the entire town. It's changed a lot.

A friend of mine built a home out east of Portland and bought some beams from the school that was torn down in Cottage Grove...but there isn't too much happening there. It's a beautiful area, I like Oregon. I'm building a shop/home in Lake County, CA for my exit. My house is a large dovetail box. No curved top though, but it has a timber roof.
Smirk

Alan
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
I love it.

I did not see what joints you did on the small box?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-06-2019, 10:59 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I love it.

I did not see what joints you did on the small box?

Thanks, Arlin. Dovetails.
Best,
Aram, always learning

You know I still go to hand tools and look for updates everyday to see what is happening here with the box.

Hmmm I know it is done but it just seems like there needs to be another one.

So Aram you up to making another one???

Not being pushy or anything but what are your plans for another one.
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(07-12-2019, 02:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: You know I still go to hand tools and look for updates everyday to see what is happening here with the box.

Hmmm I know it is done but it just seems like there needs to be another one.

So Aram you up to making another one???

Not being pushy or anything but what are your plans for another one.
Laugh
Laugh

I'm up to making flat things for a while. Flat.

Flatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflat

Flat
Best,
Aram, always learning

(07-12-2019, 04:27 PM)Aram Wrote: I'm up to making flat things for a while. Flat.

Flatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflatflat

Flat

That is one BAD tire. 
Smirk

(07-12-2019, 08:39 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is one BAD tire. 
Smirk

LOL
Best,
Aram, always learning